Chapter 1 : Karasu Uta Garmadon

My name is Karasu Uta Garmadon. I have long sunshine hair that goes just below my shoulders. I have emerald green eyes. My skin is moon pale. And I have what everyone in my village calls a gift. A sweet melodious voice. I wear a necklace that has lapis lazuli set in silver, shaped like a music note. Everyone says that it glows when I sing. My mother gave it to me, and I hate her. She took my brother Lloyd to some boarding school, and then just up and left me and my dad, and then he left me not long after. I still don't know why she left. I enjoy painting, writing, reading, gardening, and singing. I've been reading a book about something called the Serpentine. I feel so drawn to them and anything about them. Maybe it's because of the things I can do to snakes. I'm able to understand and talk to them. I'm mostly doing this research because I recently got a call from my brother, he said something about a map to the Serpentine tombs I jumped at the chance to meet real Serpentine. Maybe I could get some answers. I'll be meeting my brother tonight on the hill outside my house. I already have my bag packed and ready to go. I just have to wait till nightfall.