Chapter 3: Betrayal

The sun rose, and Lloyd had demanded a tree fort. So they had ventured to the woods, and began construction. Karasu had once again decided to watch, but had promised that if trouble did show up, she would intervene. She waited in the trees listening carefully, not wanting a repeat of yesterday, which she had scolded the general for. Lloyd demanded booby traps, and Slithraa obliged, knowing what she was capable of, having seen her teeth and claws. She watched closely, showing off her claws constantly, as she used then to stay up in the tree. When noon came around, Karasu left her perch, and trotted over to Lloyd, ready to give him something to eat. "Here." She handed him another of the sweet fruit, having found an entire tree full out it. A sudden hiss caught her attention, to which she looked over, and saw Skales falling. Karasu moved quickly, and caught him on her muzzle, checking for any injuries, before stretching her neck out, and placing him back on the proper floor. She trotted back over to Lloyd, and helped him up as well, returning to the tree branch to watch. Now even an hour later, she caught wind of a conversation. "Everyone works, while you two slack off. As my second in command I expect more from you, Skales." "Yes, General." She looked to the source, seeing Skales and Slithraa. "General, you know I am most loyal to you. But, I must question this most childish agenda. The ninja have stolen our staff, yet you instruct your army to make this, play house for Lloyd. Snakes don't belong in trees." "You know better than to question my judgement, Skales. I'll pretend you didn't ask." Karasu growled lightly, regretting having saved him. "Hey! If we plan to rule Ninjago from here. This elevator needs to have a trap door. I want more booby traps!" "As you wish young Garamadon." Slithraa shooed off Skales, while Karasu continued to growl, upset with him. "As you wish general." Skales bowed before walking off, Karasu having ceased her growling. She kept a closer eye on them, and watched Lloyd closely, now fearing for his safety. This continued for the rest of the day, becoming slightly amused when Lloyd was carried on a table. "If I see one girl in here, I'm gonna go ballistic. Karasu is the only exception." Lloyd kept up his demands, until Karasu decided it was time for him to go to bed. "Come on Lloyd it's late, and everyone needs their rest. We can continue in the morning. I've given everyone a break so they can get some sleep, now it's your turn." She picked him up by his hood, and returned to the tree, creating a cloud next to her, and setting him on it, ensuring that Lloyd wouldn't fall. "But Karasu, if we stop now, the ninja might come." Lloyd whined, unhappy about having to sleep. "And if they do I'll sound the alert. I can go for days without sleeping, but you're still young, and need your rest. Slithraa has promised that when he gets up, everyone else will. And the sooner you get to sleep, the sooner we can continue. Now get some rest, I'll keep an eye out for the ninja." Lloyd hesitantly layed down and closed his eyes, falling asleep in a few moments. Karasu raised her ears and head, looking sharply. A new scent in the air, causing her to go on high alert. She looked to the ground, and saw nothing but a falcon on a nearby branch. She disregarded it, thinking it was just resting. Karasu continued to search, until the scent left, but she kept it in her memory, in case she smelled it again. For the rest of the night, she kept her eyes open, watching, and an hour after the sun rose, Slithraa did as well. Stretching his body out, before beginning to wake his tribe. When the last tribe member had been woken, Karasu turned to wake Lloyd, nuzzling him, only to have him shoo her away. Karasu knew this game far too well, and knew exactly what to do. She nuzzled him again, ignoring his hand, until he looked at her from annoyance. "I thought you wanted me to get some sleep?" "I did but everyone is up now. Slithraa woke them up ten minutes ago, and I told you, that I'd get you up, when they were up. And they are." Lloyd shot up, letting Karasu place him on her back, and leave the tree, soon being deposited on the ground. Lloyd instantly started barking orders, while Karasu returned to the branch, having a feeling that danger was close. After and hour she heard laughter in the distance, and started growling, the sound coming from the opposite direction. Karasu stood and began to walk from branch to branch, staying close to the structure, her growling continuing. Karasu continued to pace, the scent from last night filling her nose, just as she saw the structure behind her begin to collapse from the corner of her eye. Karasu moved with unknown speed, racing for Lloyd, growling deeply when Skales put Lloyd in a booby trap. She leapt up, and broke the fragile wood, freeing Lloyd from the cage, catching him, and moving away from it. (we're gonna have a timeskip because I have no clue about a few things, and I'm watching the show as I write) "Slither pit, slither pit!" Karasu knew exactly what that meant. Skales and Slithraa were going to fight! Lloyd was tied to an ice pillar, while she was tied next to him, unable to bite through the rope, because her nuzzle had been tied shut, and she was too weak to try and break it, her body being made more for speed and grace, not for something like this. Karasu watched the fight wage on, and lost all hope when Slithraa went down, his tail now a weakness, since it would be harder for him to rise, and the possible concussion making the situation worse. Everyone cheered when Skales became general, and both her and Lloyd were told to leave. Karasu's rope was removed, and she cut Lloyd's, letting him mount, before trotting off, being sure to show the mark on her hip, hopefully having them realize her destiny. After making it to a forest, they decided to take the map that Loyd stole to their uncle Wu and the ninja, and perhaps be allowed to live with them. Karasu took to the air, and managed to sense Wu's life force, getting to him by sunset, but were met with them all having fun, and looking like they were just fine without them. Lloyd sighed, and led Karasu away, holding to her reins, as she now wore equipment that would make it easier for him to hold on. Karasu felt her brother's pain, she had even gone through all the trouble of transforming to what she really looked like as a dragon. Her entire mane now beautiful sunshine color, the bang possessing the same quality, but still covering her eye, Karasu's orbs now perfect emeralds, and the pupils still slits. The snake mark stayed on her hip, for what reason she didn't hide it was unknown. After talking for a bit, they decided to unleash the Fangpyre. lLoyd mounted Karasu again, and she took to the sky, not flying very far before deciding to stop for the night, getting something to eat, and some well deserved sleep, the day having been a bit much for both.

A/N: Got nothing to say except that I made a few changes to the first chapter. Also, I've got writer's block again.