Chapter 2: It's Gonna Get Real Bad

While Ivy was still shaking in shock because of the incident with Apex and the policeman, Apex put a hand on her thigh and said: "are you alright darling, that must have been quite shocking for you." Ivy looked at him with a pretty angry face, "Apex! You have not seen me for like 2 years and now you just show up out of nowhere, kill the officer that arrested me, then ask me if I'm okay while you are being extremely flirty... NO I'M NOT ALRIGHT!" Apex looked at a traffic sign while he mumbled something to himself. Ivy was quite nosy and asked: "Where are we going? We are not going to your house for as far as I can see."

A few minutes later Apex drove into a forest, stopped the car, stepped out, took his bag out of the trunk of the car and said: "Ivy! Get out, we're here!" Ivy stepped out of the car and thought: Wait, this does not look familiar! Where are we? Should I trust Apex? Just huh? Apex grabbed Ivy's hand and as they walked into the forest Ivy felt weird, it was like there was some kind of gas in the air that made her somewhat groggy. As the duo kept on walking in silence they slowly got closer to the middle of the forest.

After a while Ivy and Apex got to a little hut somewhere in the middle of the forest. Apex, while still holding Ivy's hand, opened the door of the hut and pushed Ivy on the bed. While he walked to some kind of panel with a lot of buttons and a lever on it he said: "Ivy, honey, i want you to sit very still for about a minute. Will you do that for me?" As Ivy pretty much completely froze she thought: Wait a minute... Apex is gonna do something to me. But he would never hurt me... right? As Apex walked out of the room he flipped the lever and after a bit Ivy saw that the room was slowly filling with a pink gas. Just when they wanted to scream: "STOP!" She felt that she couldn't do anything. The room slowly filled with the pink gas and Ivy was feeling weirder and weirder, there were a few thoughts going through her head during that minute: First of all Ivy thought about Apex more and more, she also started to kind of love him more and more.... Wait...Ivy, Apex and love!

That should not be happening, the gas was probably doing this to her. Ivy was also unable to move but still conscious: like sleep paralysis.

After the minute of hell that she was in that room Ivy was starting to be able to move again. And as they saw that Apex had entered the room Ivy could just scream! At least... she wished she could; the gas had "infected" her in a way that her body was not behaving how she wanted.

Apex sat down on the bed next to Ivy and said: "Hello honey, I hope you slept well." All Ivy could do was just lay there and say nothing. Apex looked really happy with her conditions at the moment. As he whispered in their ear: "The gas worked great on you, you are now perfect. You are not able to speak and your body is only going to do something if I say so. There is no escape." Ivy was scared, scared to lose her family, scared to lose their friends, and just scared to lose everything that she had. But like Apex said: "There is no escape."

A few moments later Apex walked out of the hut and locked the door behind him. Ivy stood up and decided to explore a little bit; first of all they saw a big fireplace and a small tv. Ivy also saw a few other things: a small sofa, a coffee table, a big plant standing next to the bed and of course the bed itself. The room that Apex went to after releasing the gas was completely closed off with 4 locks; for as far as Ivy could see. There was also a fridge, a counter, an oven and a few cabinets. She was pretty hungry so Ivy went to the fridge and wanted to get something to eat. The only things that were in the fridge were: some apples, some milk and a cucumber. Ivy grabbed an apple and they sat down on the sofa.

About an hour later it was getting pretty late so Ivy decided to go to bed. She walked into the kitchen, brushed their teeth, comed her hair and washed their face. Ivy laid down in the bed and Apex walked into the room: "guess who's back!!" He said, "Oh, you are going to sleep. I'll go again I guess" Apex walked out of the hut and locked the door behind him again.