XX - Camp Know Where

"If he doesn't show up, I say we just go in without him." Lucy groaned, running her hands over her face. She tugged against her jean-shorts, not liking how they had bunched on her thigh.

"Luce, we can't just go in without him." Will laughed, shaking his head.

"But he's late, Will! And we're gonna miss the previews." The brunette complained, dramatically throwing her head against her best friend's shoulder. Her perfect ponytail flopped with her, smacking Will Byers in the back. 

"He'll be here." Lucas promised, looking over at Lucy with a weary smile.

"He better be." She huffed, picking her head back up.

"Speak of the devil." Max chuckled, nodding over at Mike's bike as he rode over to the group.

"Wheeler! You're gonna get kicked out of movie-group if you keep showing up late!" Lucy groaned her promise, crossing her arms against her chest as Mike came to a stop.

"Don't tell him that, he'll just take it as more time to make-out with Eleven." Lucas laughed out. "You're late." Lucas walked toward Mike with crossed arms.

"Sorry." He muttered out, hopping off his bike. 

"Again." Lucas huffed, throwing his arms out to the sides. 

"We're gonna miss the previews," Will added.

"Yeah, if you guys keep whining about it. Let's go!" He nodded his head towards StarCourt.

"If you guys keep whining about it. Nyeh-nyeh-nyeh." Lucas mocked. 

"Just please stop talking, dude." Mike walked over, turning Lucas so he was walking toward the building. 

"Let me guess." Lucas started, "You were busy." he imitated the sound of kissing. 

"Oh, yeah, real mature, Lucas." 

Will and Lucy started laughing at the pair.

"Oh, El, I wish we could make-out forever, and never hang out with any of our friends." He continued.

"Lucas, stop." Max smiled.

"Will and Luce think it's funny." He shot back at his girlfriend.

"Because it is." The two said in unison.

"Yeah, it's so funny that I want to spend romantic time with my girlfriend." Mike complained.

"It's not romantic, you guys are just sucking face." Lucy scrunched her face up in confusion. If anything, that was just boring. They didn't actually do anything together.

Lucas slung his arm around Max's shoulders. "I'm spending romantic time with my girlfriend." 

"And I'm spending romantic time with my best friend." Lucy snarked, lacing her fingers with Will's. He laughed, shaking his head. 

"Come on, Luce." Will pulled her toward the escalator, following after the rest of their friends.

They made it past people, shoving most of them out of the way and apologizing throughout. They passed by Lucas's little sister, Erica, who snarked her way into getting Lucas to imitate a fart sound after she called him 'fart-face'. Lucy laughed, running into Scoops Ahoy with Will. 

Mike rung the bell around ten times when the girl at the counter, Robin, gave him a look of annoyance. Lucy gave her a bright expression and a wave, getting a soft smile in return. 

"Hey, dingus, your children are here." Robin called out. Steve came over and slid the windows to the back open. 

"Again? Seriously?" Lucy gave her brother a flat look as Mike hit the bell again. Steve groaned, leading the party into the back and opening the service door for them. "Come on, come on." He urged, waving the kids through. As they were walking down the dimly-lit hall, Steve called after them the same thing he had every time they'd done this. "I swear, if anybody hears about this-"