CHAPTER 16

Do you believe in miracles?

"do you want me to go in with you

"do you want me to go in with you." Yes please I cannot go through this alone and you need to know about my disorder seeing as it could affect your baby and this is the perfect way for you to find out. "no it's OK you've probably got other plans and I don't want to disturb them."

His face drops. "Aiko I don't have plans even if I did you and our baby is my number one priority at the moment so if you want me to go in with you I will happily do so but if you seriously don't want me too ill give you my number and I can pick you up and drop you home when your ready." OK I got little butterflies when he offered to pick me up but he don't need to know that especially when hes dating tia.

I give him a genuine smile for the first time in a long time."you can come with me if you don't mind."his face visibly lights up."OK then but you should probably have my number just in case though." of course seeing as you my baby father.

I unlock my phone through finger print before he take it and types his number in nans saving his contact as baby daddy with a baby emoji. He hands if back with a smile befote getting out the car.

I don't know if it's just me but he's much nicer then he was on our first few meetings I don't know if it's because I'm important to him or because of something else. I don't know if it's nice or worrying.

He opens the door letting me walk in first and I go to the front desk and lisa Dr brenans Assistants smiles at me. "hi Aiko Dr brenans client is running a bit over but he will be out with you shortly." she says before looking over at Malik before me again. When I went to the hospital to confirm my pregnancy they put it on my documents which go to Dr brenan which obviously goes through lisa first so she most likely thinks Malik is the daddy which he is.

"and you are." she says with a beaming smile knowing exactly how me and him know each other. "Malik Booker I'm here with Aiko if that's OK." she nods and we sit in the waiting area where its just us.

This is a private clinic and Dr brenan is my health specialist. I've been with him since I moved to california and a little before that but because I lived in connecticut before me and my dad moved my appointments with him used to be over the phone my dad works as a personal trainer at the gym a job that he was lucky to get due to his lack of english but his knowledge of basic words got him the Job that and he's an amazing personal trainer with the extra money he makes he pays for my private treatments with mr Brenan a reason why I never miss an appointment.

When I sit down I cross my legs over politely and to stop my legs from bouncing whilst Malik sits on the chair next to me slouching and man spreading as he scroll through socials. Lisa's eyes lock on me and Malik no surprise there seeing as I'm 17,pregnant, the only person here and the fact that I always only came with my dad. I fiddle with my hands with gains the attention of Malik.