CHAPTER 34

A friendly visit

Once I was able to get out of bed without Aiko waking up

Once I was able to get out of bed without Aiko waking up. I slipped on my sweats, sock and my slides I head downstairs and into the living room where my ma was but I freeze  In my track. My uncle Jarel my dad's brother, my Aunt cassie and my two cousins shanice and Shaun was spread across my couch.

"oh shit sorry I didn't know we had guest." i say staring down at my stomach. I walk up to Shaun dabbing him up before giving a fist bump to shanice. "well it's just normal decency to be fully dressed Malik." my uncle said. Ive never liked my uncle however Shaun is one of my favourite cousins.

"mhm" I respond sitting down opposite them next to my mom man spreading. "is Alisha home." shanice asks but I shake my head. "so your ma told us your gonna be a dad very soon." i look at my ma I knew she told them but I thought she would tell them that Aiko had the baby but she shakes her head at the look I give her.

"uh yeah I am in having a baby girl." concern crosses her face. "don't you think thats young... I mean it's young to even be doing anything remotely near making babies." uh love this Convo. "i mean It is really young Ive just turned 18 but Im not gonna hate my daughter because of the circumstance she was born in I'm gonna love her no matter what and make sure she grows in her safe environment if thats with me or with her ma or with both."

The room falls silent."so tell me about the mother how her pregnancy." i freeze. "her pregnancys good just a lot of pain in her back and cravings." she nods expecting more. "tell me about her."
Sitting here is like sitting In a meeting and right now I'm feeling underdressed I don't know why they are here right now but all I know is I need to be careful with what I say cause what I say now the whole familys gonna hear about it.

"well her name is Aiko Shu I met her during a party but she goes to my school aswell she's 17 years old and shes Asian...¾ chinese ¼ japanese and she's the most beautifulest girl I've ever met she's got the biggest heart and she so sweet and generous shes very shy but once she's comfortable around you she's quite funny and is really good at listening to others problems. She got these gorgeous brown eyes that look like chocolate and gold and these pink puffy lips that I'm literally addicted to looking at and I hope my daughter looks like her."

Shanice raises her eyebrow. "is Malik on looove" She teases "nah he's just not getting laid enough." shaun answers "fuck off" I throw a pillow at his face and he laughs. "he reminds me of the way I use to talk about Kyle when I realised I was in love with him." the words love made my heart skip a beat cause I cannot be in love not right now.

"so how far along is she this Aiko girl." i look at my ma. "uh shes um she 8 months." i nod and they didn't look so convince. "do you have any scan pictures I'd love to see them."

"god what's with the 21 questions man." i snap standing up and grabbing a cigarette from my pocket. I put it in my mouth before walking out the front door and lighting it as I sit on the porch step.

The door opens behind me I let out a puff of smoke. "you wanna tell me why you just yelled at my ma like that cause we both know if I yelled a Monique like that I won't be standing right now." he sits on the steps next to his arm relaxed on his knees.

"aikos not pregnant." i blurt out my head hanging low as my thumb flicks over my cig letting the ashes from the tip drop off. "what the fuck you on about g you sent the family the little scans." i shake my head waiting a while to buck up the courage to finally open up and talk to someone about my daughter.

"my daughter was born 2 months premature 4 days ago. Her name is blakelyn zuri Booker and even though I barely saw her and I haven't touched or held her I love her so fucking much. She was born early because she was distressed Im The womb and when she came out she wasn't breathing because she had a really big hole In her heart and really bad lungs. She had surgery for her heart 2 days ago that seemed to be successful but she needs monitoring until she ready and the doctor dont know what to do about her lungs yet so she's in the nicu and is probably gonna be there for a few weeks maybe months."

Loosing my craving I stab my cigarette into the ground my head dropping between my shoulders."shit I'm sorry man." My cousin puts a hand on my shoulder. "I'm not going to tell the rest of the family I'm not ready to and it's not their business. Aiko already feel ls responsible for it and she's heart broken."

I turn my head to the side to see him looking down at the ground. "i get it I won't any one but make sure you don't go back to drugs just because of this... You need to be sober for blakelyn and for Aiko."

I nod at him and he stands up wiping his pants. "don't yell at my mama again." he says half playfully half seriously before walking back into the house.
I stand up looking up at my bedroom window. The girl that I want the girl that I need the girl that I'm happy with and I want to love with all my heart is in there sleeping.

Yet my head is hung up on tia. I want her I do but I don't need her I don't love her and in fact she annoys the shit out of me but there's something about her that I'm stuck upon that I can't let go even though I've tried a millions Times. I think that it's the fact that's she been with me for a long time stuck by me no matter how fucked up I get with her or how many time I stick my dick in another girl. I think It's the fact I can do what I want fuck who I want and know she's still there. That's something no other girl would do yet tias doing it.

I don't know if that's what's making me want her or making me hate her more.