Chapter 2

"Great," Naruto mumbled as Sasuke approached them.

"Fathew?" Tetsu watched as his father stood in front of them.

This was the first time Sasuke had showed up at the kindergarten personally, and both Naruto and Tetsuya were shocked.

"Hello," Sasuke flashed them a small smile. "I've come here to talk as you said, sensei."

"Oh," Naruto gulped, somehow worriedly. "Okay then, please come inside."

Naruto took the two Uchihas inside and directed them to the teacher's desk where Iruka was collecting his things.

The classroom was big and spacious. Windows covered nearly every wall, so the kids would get natural light as much as possible. Little colorful tables were everywhere and there were pillows to sit on. The works of children was on a wall, and under that there were little mattresses for them to sleep on. The sleeping side was divided by a counter from the main area which held the toys and the tools for kids to use.

"Ah, Uchiha-san," Iruka was really surprised to see him. Normally no member of Uchiha household would come to the kindergarten personally. If it was a really important thing, an employee from the mansion would be sent.

Naruto nodded at Sasuke, and took Tetsuya away from the two chatting adults. He knew that Iruka would tell Sasuke what a good and well mannered child Tetsuya was, which was the truth. But Naruto saw beyond that, and he felt like it was time to open Sasuke's eyes.

"Come Tet-chan," Naruto knelt in front of a small table and Tetsu did the same. "Why don't you draw something for your father while we wait?"

Tetsu nodded and took his drawing book and crayons from his little backpack. "W'at should I dwaw?"

"Hmm," Naruto tapped chin. "Let's ask father, okay?"

Tetsu nodded quickly, his little hands trembling slightly.

"Sasuke-san," Naruto called out, immediately drawing the young father's attention. "Tet-chan's gonna draw you something. What would you like?"

"Uhmm," Sasuke curved his lips downwards. "A car?"

"A car!" Naruto repeated happily. "Come on Tet-chan, did you hear your father? He wants a car from you!"

Tetsu nodded with a bright smile and started drawing immediately. Naruto watched him silently for a while and stood up as he saw Iruka leaving and Sasuke approaching them silently.

"Please go behind the counter, and watch closely," Naruto whispered and Sasuke nodded slowly, not understanding what's happening.

After sending Sasuke away, but close enough to see and hear them, Naruto kneeled beside Tetsu again.

The little raven looked up and then around. "W'ere is fathew?"

"He went to restroom," Naruto said assuringly. "Oh, this car's going to be so good!"

After hearing the word good, Tetsu tore the sheet and threw it away, immediately starting on a new car.

Naruto frowned. "What's wrong Tet-chan? That was a really good car."

"No!" Tetsu yelled. "It has to be pewfect!"

"Why is that?" Naruto pressed on.

"B-Beca'se fathew wo'n love me if I'm not pewfect," Tetsu said and frowned as he painted his car.

"Why not?" Naruto asked softly as he stroked the child's raven locks.

"Fathew always wowks, and nevew comes home. Mothew always goes somewhew, grandfathew nevew looks at me," Tetsuya wiped his tears angrily and then added, "It's all my fault."