the murder of casey becker

↬ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴛ ᴅᴇᴄᴏ

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴛ ᴅᴇᴄᴏ

"Where's our stargirl?"

     her head popped up from her desk, Aurora's eyes barely above her desk wall. Only Dewey was allowed to call her stargirl, and even then he rarely used the nickname for Aurora.

"What is it, Deputy?"

     Her voice was clear, standing up and walking towards the officer - Dewey meeting her halfway. He sighed, a little scared about the news that recently came up about her little sister.

"Someone's dead."

     she knew that the look on his face was in sorrow, but something triggered a deeper meaning. there was something else that Aurora needed to know about the case.

"Casey was hung in a tree. "

    There it was. Her Casey.  Her Casey was dead, her little sister. A small gasp came from Aurora,  scanning the file that entered her hands.

"The sheriff's doing interrogations on the kids in Casey's class, mainly her friend group."

    Aurora flickered from Dewey to the file on Casey, nodding at that.

"I assume he wants us both there?"

     Dewey nodded sadly, a frown appearing on his usually happy appearance. Aurora nodded, her straight-lined lips turned into a slight frown. Dewey knew he would be at the apartment later, so he'd check in later - at least if she was alive by then. Aurora soon placed the file on the right of her desk, away from other files--beginning to take some stuff and tilt her head towards Dewey, then towards the door. Dewey nodded, beginning to walk away from the officer

     THEY BOTH ARRIVED AT WOODSBORO HIGH SCHOOL, in a single police car

     THEY BOTH ARRIVED AT WOODSBORO HIGH SCHOOL, in a single police car. It was better for Aurora to accompany Dewey than for Aurora to be alone at the moment (after all, Aurora hadn't had a moment to grieve Casey). They both showed their badges, the officer at school scanning hers a little more than Dewey's before Dewey pushed his shoulder and took back the two badges. Dewey offered her badge back, Aurora took it back from Dewey.

"Deputy Riley, Officer Becker. Thank you for coming along for this, especially you Aurora."

    Burke spoke, and Aurora nodded. She didn't utter a word though Dewey sent her a sincere glance of sorrow. After all, it was her little sister's death that they were trying to solve. 

"Let's Move on. "

   Dewey spoke, smiling somberly at Aurora and the Sheriff. 

"Whose next on the list?"

     Dewey pulled a list from someone, observing it before deciding to speak. the next person happened to be his little sister's best friend, Sidney Prescott. Aurora looked over his shoulder, humming softly before whispering something in his ear before Dewey nodded. 

"Sidney Prescott."

     The principal who looked like he was in his late 50s, started to speak. his tone was monotone towards the three officers. 

"Sidney. The daughter of ..."

     Aurora's hand rose to stop him, Aurora's eyes looking directly at the principal before Burke beckoned the young girl in. The older woman's eyes dropped briefly, before finally deciding to let out a few kind words to the man.

"Mr. Himbry, We are well aware of what happened to Sidney's Mother. I assure you, Principal, she does not want to hear the mention of her late mother."

    Mr. Himbry nodded solemnly to her, Sidney sitting down quietly. Burke asked Sidney a series of questions (which were odd, even for Aurora.) , soon dismissing Sidney back to her classroom. More students were called into the office, and surprisingly the staff of Woodsboro but Aurora didn't mind observing the interesting process of questions. eventually, it finished,  Aurora beckoning Dewey to get into the police car he had driven in--Aurora briefly smiling at him before sitting down. Her smile was sadder than he would've liked, but he couldn't fix anything because simply, Dewey was not a god.