and, they were just 'roommates'

↬ ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ ʟᴀᴠᴇɴᴅᴇʀ ʜᴀᴢᴇ (ᴀᴄᴏᴜꜱᴛɪᴄ ᴠᴇʀꜱɪᴏɴ)

Aurora and Dewey arrived at their apartment.  

     Well, they always considered it 'their apartment' because they lived right next to each other. A door connected the two apartments, so they were always connected somehow. Aurora stayed over at Dewey's place, knowing she needed comfort from losing her sister. A gentle hand was placed on her shoulder, Aurora looked up to the comforting eyes of Dewey himself. A sincere smile was on his face, matching the sincere look in his eyes. 

"Dewey."

     She spoke barely above a whisper, noticing the cup of water he offered her. She took it, smiling at him before sipping a little bit of the water. 

"My Casey. Gone.

    He sat next to her, his arms opening for a nice side hug which Aurora leaned into - Dewey taking the cup from her and wrapping one of his arms around her shoulder. 

"I know, Aurora." 

   Her head rested on his shoulder, tucking her legs into her arms. The apartments themselves were total opposites of each other, just like Dewey and Aurora. Aurora's apartment was more neutral colored- filled to the brim with greys and blacks with tans that barely bled through the apartment. Dewey's apartment was more light, contrasting Aurora's color palette. They lived near Tatum and Deweys' parent's house, so anytime that Dewey visited- Aurora was dragged along. ( at this point, his parents wouldn't be surprised if they were dating- hell they were roommates! )

    her eyes stared blankly into the wall, her arms still holding her legs-a gentle tap came from Dewey. She hummed softly, looking at Dewey who had put the cup of water away somewhere, and just came back to check on her. 

"Are you alright?"

   Aurora knew that she wasn't completely alright, but Aurora needed to get over Casey. She couldn't stay grieving forever over Casey. Aurora blinked, and a somber smile on her lips before releasing her legs from the hold of her arms.

"mostly. not every day you lose a sibling, right?"

   she laughed somberly, Dewey cast a sad smile at her.  

"you should stay over here tonight. if you want to, that is."

   he kneeled down to her level, which caused Aurora to shut her eyes very briefly before cautiously opening them. They were close, yes, but they often were close-aurora didn't think anything of it. She smiled at him, finally brightening up to the Aurora he knew for years. His Aurora. His roommate was finally brightening up, though it was hard for Aurora too. 

"I will. Just don't steal all the blankets."

    they both laughed at that, knowing that once more they would share the same bed. Aurora trusted him to not hurt her, and Dewey thought the same. She knew that Dewey wouldn't hurt her. 

THAT NEXT MORNING WAS MOSTLY PEACEFUL

       Dewey was making breakfast, occasionally checking on the sleeping beauty that was Aurora. She had been covered by blankets, which made dewey smile warmly at her whenever he did check up on her. He finished making breakfast, heading towards the room Aurora was in. His hand tapped her shoulder,  Aurora not waking up at first. Dewey shook her a little rougher, she jumped and nearly punched him before relaxing a little.

"Holy Shit, Dewey."

       Aurora's body relaxed a bit, a mustered laugh came from Dewey. She rolled her eyes, a small smirk on her lips as she slowly got up from his bed. He offered his hand, and Aurora took it gracefully as she stood up. 

"Thanks for the Near Fatal Punch, 'Rora."

       She laughed a little, and a soft smile appeared on her lips. That was her smile. Her smile was back. At least that's what Dewey thought to himself. Dewey always thought the best of Aurora, and he wanted it to be that way.

"Breakfast?"

      He asked poshly, another laugh escaping her lips before she nodded and they both left to the kitchen in Dewey's apartment.