4

2017

'May! Hurry up!'

'I'm coming!' A small girl yelled back to the voice calling her. The nine year old quickly ran from the house dressed in jean shorts and a thin red tshirt which followed the dress code made by the heat of the not so subtle summer.

The girl shouted a goodbye to her father as she left the small house following the voice of her friend.

'Jesus, Mason, you take forever.' The red headed girl exaggerated as she yanked the brunettes hand making her follow her.

'Sorry, I had to finish setting up.' The nine year old Mason responded to the curly red head as she dragged herself and the brunette through the tall grass.

'Well thanks to you and your slow unpacking skills we're now late to meet up with Henry and Emma.' The redhead responded with a fake annoyance in her voice as she scolded the girl behind her.

'They can wait Elizabeth, it's not like we don't do this every time the group moves.' Mason reasoned, confused as to why this time was so important to the red headed girl that was dragging her currently.

'But this one's different! We found a warehouse when you were slowly unpacking and we want to explore it, it could be our new hideout here.' Elizabeth responded excited at the thought of a hideout for the group since the last one they had was years ago and they were forced to leave it due to the safety migrations the group they traveled with did every so often.

Groaning, Mason followed the girl losing against her own excitement as it built up at the thought of the warehouse being a place they could hang out.

As Mason noticed a few large buildings as her eyes set upon the one in the middle. The warehouse.

'Come on it's this way!' Elizabeth shouted as she drug Mason behind her and set off in a run. Coming up to two other kids the pair stopped.

'Hey Lizzie, glad you finally made it May.' The blonde boy said with sass as he addressed the pair before him.

'Oh shut it Henry.' Mason responded rolling her eyes at the blonde boy before turning to his sister as she spoke.

'Oh fuck it, what does it matter? Come onnn the anticipation for this is insane.' She dragged out in exaggeration as she grabbed her brother's and Mason's hand who still had Elizabeth's in her own.

Together the group ran to make their way into the warehouse.

'Woahh.' The group breathe out as they caught sight of the inside of the building. The entire place being covered in about a foot of water as the rest was covered in moss and greenery.

A large whole was seen in the roof which let in more than enough light and only left about a quarter of the roof still intact.

Letting her eyes trail the building, Mason felt herself get excited at the thought of coming here everyday. Letting go of the hands around her she ran up the small set of stairs that led to a small raised platform that didn't touch the water.

Her eyes roamed the area as she took in notice of any wires that were loose, making sure they didn't touch the water. After deeming it safe she jumped down making the water splash beneath her red converse covered feet.