\ Chapter 19 /

"Are you sure?" There was no real question in Rebecca's words, only taunting as she dragged out each syllable.

Colby swallowed hard and watched her intensely. "Yes."

"Say please, pretty boy." Her smile was addictive, her closeness electric.

Colby grew tired of waiting, pressing his lips against hers aggressively, then whispering against them. "You first."

"What was that?" She yanked his hair back, forcing him to stare into her eyes.

"Please." His hands gripped her sides tight enough to elicit an exhale from Rebecca, allowing Colby to take advantage of her open mouth. His hungry actions caused Rebecca to stumble back a few steps, but he moved with her effortlessly.

"Wait." Her hands were still tightly gripping his biceps, but she leaned back. "Your girl?"

Colby shook his head, reconnecting their lips, only breaking away momentarily. "There never was one."

Colby groaned when Rebecca leaned back to speak again. "What?"

"Not now." Colby's hand met the side of her face as he leaned forward again.

Confused, Rebecca went to retreat again. "But-"

"Oh my God, Quin, shut up." He hissed, forcing their lips to meet with a drive like never before. Selfishly, part of him worried that if she thought for too long, the moment would fade.

Rebecca felt Colby's hands quickly roam low enough for him to hoist her up, her body still pressed directly against his. She wrapped her legs around him immediately, thoughts fading. She felt him move her backward until the back of her legs hit something. What it was, she didn't have enough brain power to figure out, even as he laid her down.

Her eyes opened involuntarily the moment Colby's lips attacked her jaw and then neck, causing her to gasp. She then saw him overtop of her on the pool table. His body weight, although not all on her, caused her breathing to be even more ragged in ecstasy, and the second Colby hit her pulse point, her woven hands tightened in his hair, making him bite her playfully.

Rebecca couldn't help but laugh when Colby's head ventured lower, and she felt his hands fumble with the zipper of her jeans. She pulled his face up, kissing him again. "Let's go."

He spoke against her lips, seemingly out of breath. "Where?"

"My place." She replied easily, sitting up and forcing him to in the process.

"Why?" He asked, unable to tell whether the overstimulation was disorienting him or if he just wanted to hear the words leave her lips.

Rebecca smirked and stared at him before letting her hands be the ones to slide below his waist. Her touch caused Colby to writhe over her, laying his forehead on her shoulder, his hands gripping the edge of the pool table, trapping her in between, trying to stay composed. "Because we can't fuck here, dumbass."

Rebecca slid off the table and under his arms, holding her hand out for Colby once he momentarily collected himself. His words were shakily muttered, giving away his wanted illusion of calmness. "Fair enough." 

When he was finally composed, she weaved them through the crowds. She knew her way around town better than he ever did, so he wasn't surprised that her shortcut made their walk impressively short. Apart from the breaks taken to distract themselves with one another.

To Colby, the elevator ride seemed longer. He watched Rebecca stand across from him and slowly moved to her, guiding her backwards against the wall, kissing her hastily.

"No, stop." Colby immediately froze, worried, until Rebecca laughed. "The railing."

Colby peeked behind her and saw the awkward height. "Simple solution."

He lifted her and held her on his own, feeling Rebecca's arms wrap around his neck. They barely broke apart to leave the elevator, even when he put her back down in case of hallway wanderers.

Amid things, the two bumped into multiple walls, and Rebecca took ten times longer to unlock her door with Colby's lips on hers and his hands roaming adventurously. Once they finally made it inside, the sweet taste of both alcohol and danger danced between their lips as they met once again.

It took no time for hands to be roaming and clothes to be shed. Colby pulled off Rebecca's shirt with haste. Colby's hoodie was next, and then Rebecca aggressively undid his belt and shoved his jeans down. Lips separating as momentarily as possible in between.

All the while, they attempted to make it to her bedroom, disregarding the living room mattress, and bashing into tables and shelves. Rebecca was pretty sure they knocked over some open alcohol bottles. But none of that mattered.

When they reached her room, Rebecca was quick to push Colby near and then onto the bed, swiftly crawling overtop of him. She straddled his waist, and Colby took a second to relish in it all, forcing his hands to stop at her hips.

It was only when he was scanning her newly barred skin that he noticed a scar on her sternum, previously out of sight. He immediately stiffened, and not because her lips were firm against his neck. "What happened?"

She pulled away, confused, until she followed his eyeline. "Oh. Accident."

"Someone did this?" He asked before she resumed kissing him, and he had to use more strength than he'd like to admit when their lips separated for a moment to continue talking and not kissing. "Who?"

"Me." She breathed out as she moved against him, his concern still not at ease. "Burnt toast."

"Are you sure?" His fingers involuntarily gripped into her skin, partly out of hunger and to focus them both.

"Positive." The memory clicked, and Colby felt his sudden strange anger simmer down. Rebecca smashed her lips into his angrily. "God, Lopez, shut up."

Within seconds, the thoughts fled, and all that remained was them. Skin and undergarments, teasing and tugging, kissing and biting. The two couldn't get enough of each other, and it was evidently an indicator of a tumultuous road to follow.