\ Chapter 20 /

"Oh my God. Yes... please. Fuck yes." Colby felt Rebecca's fingernails dig into his skull, as he struggled to hold her hips in place while she squirmed.

The moment he felt her whole body shudder and she froze, Colby kissed his way up her body until he reached her lips, hearing her ragged breaths and feeling them against his face. His infamous smirk was plastered along his face until Colby opened his eyes to find that Rebecca had positioned herself upright with him below. 

Instead, her telling eyes made his smirk seem minute, despite it though, he thought he could keep his cool. Even when she leaned into him and distracted him with her lips again. Yet all hope for him was lost the moment her hand slid down his chest and continued to venture downwards slowly, her nails grazing his skin.

"Motherfucker!" Colby didn't know whether he was more enraged at his recollection turned dream being abruptly stopped—just as it was getting to another great climax, in his opinion, pun very intended—or the freezing cold liquid that had drenched him.

He jolted upright immediately and found himself dripping in water, the drops sending shocks within him as they rolled down his bare skin. His body felt panicked, and it only escalated when he saw the group of Mercedes, Pamela, Joseph, and Jonathan standing around the bed he and Rebecca were lying in.

Colby quickly noticed the empty glass in Jonathan's hand and the smirk on his face. Along with the others disapproving stances. He also noticed the room they were all in. Rebecca's room. One he hadn't seen for two years, a door that was always closed whenever he was recently around.

The thing that made him feel the most unsettled was the fact that not a thing had changed from the last time he had been in the room, when they were together, and the pictures of the two of them all around the room were enough to prove it. It almost hurt his head as much as the hangover he felt shadowing his mind.

Then he remembered everything that happened. And Colby felt a chill pass through him that wasn't caused by the cold water.

After another swift moment, Colby also realized that meant his clothes were still scattered all over the apartment and he was currently completely naked, and so was she, apart from his shirt that she had wiggled into when she felt a chill in the middle of the night. That was, of course, before they got into things again, and she stripped off the shirt, only to put it back on at a time he hadn't noticed.

He looked beside him fully to see her lying asleep contently, somehow unbothered by the noise, but he guessed that sleeping through loud and weird conditions wasn't something new to her. He almost wanted to smile at her, ignoring the circumstances, but didn't get the chance to. 

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Joseph spoke each word slowly, staring at Colby like he was a dead man walking. Suddenly everything clicked, and Colby felt much more awake, swiftly pulling up the covers slightly, to ensure he was covered up.

Jonathan patted Joseph's back a few times. "I think what he did is pretty obvious, at least. What he's doing... that I can't tell ya."

Colby cleared his throat, all the tension he had the opportunity to release, in arguably the best way possible, quickly crashing down on him once again. "What... what are you guys doing here?"

"Seriously?" Jonathan snorted to himself. "That's the best you could come up with?"

Jonathan shook his head, and Colby wondered if the hand he now had on Joseph's shoulder was to prevent him from attacking. "Fuck off, man."

"We came by because we hadn't heard anything from either of you." Pamela's voice was bleak. "We were worried."

"Meh, speak for yourself." Jonathan waved his free hand around. "I was more worried about Becky."

Then Jonathan laughed, causing Colby to stiffen slightly. "You're so lucky you're naked right now. Otherwise, he'd be dragging your ass out and tossing you onto the street."

Jonathan was clearly alluding to Joseph even before Joseph muttered. "He's gotta get dressed at some point... but if I throw him out now, I could get him locked up for public indecency. That might get the message through his thick skull."

"I expected more from you." Mercedes simply said, speaking for the first time that morning, and a part of Colby felt a sting at that. Especially since it finally seemed like she was tolerating his presence and even opening up a bit.

"I'm sorry." His words were almost just directed toward Mercedes and Pamela. But even after saying it, it didn't comfort him at all.

In a way, Colby didn't think the apology wasn't sincere. It was just that it didn't feel like there was an apology needed. He didn't feel sorry for what happened. At least not everything.

The drinking? Sure. He was definitely upset that he let that get out of hand, especially with Rebecca. But what happened after? Not a single cell in his body felt remorseful.

Maybe I should be.

With the group's disapproving looks and his doubts starting to creep in, Colby wasn't sure what was right anymore. He didn't intend for any of this to happen, but it did.

"I'm gonna give you one minute." Joseph's gaze felt like it was burning a hole in him. "One minute until I better see your ass out and gone for good."

Colby just nodded before grabbing a blanket that had fallen off the bed and using it as a makeshift cover for the bottom half of himself. He picked his clothes up, trying not to scramble, as the group stayed with Rebecca.

"You better be gone motherfucker." By the time Colby heard the words from a nearing Joseph, he was already out of the closing door.