\ Chapter 21 /

"Holy fuck. Don't stop." Rebecca heard Colby's shaky words in her ear as his hand cupping her jaw tightened, and the thumb across her throat began trembling. "Please don't fucking stop."

Her teeth bit into his neck teasingly the moment he lost what little control he had over himself. Only a moment after, she let her hand travel up across his chest, smirking every time his body involuntarily spasmed.

"Should we leave?" The out-of-place voices were bubbly and faded.

Their lips entangled again, just the same as their bodies, and Rebecca laughed the moment Colby positioned her in his lap, upright. He couldn't help but show even in his actions, that he was completely infatuated with the woman in front of him.

A different voice responded during some group conversation. "Yeah... I'm really not in the mood for details right now."

Colby's fingers danced against her spine as he made sure not an inch of her was left untouched. However, in all fairness, it wasn't like she hadn't been reciprocating and enjoying it all the while.

"Right now?" Someone laughed as the voices became even more distant than they were before fading completely. "Forever, dude. Forever."

Rebecca found herself waking up to the sound of a slammed door, and then not long after, it sounded as though it was being opened again. When she took a moment to look around though, she saw where she was, and then noticed the state she was in, and went ice cold.

She was in her room. What was their room. A room she hadn't even gone near since he left her. And now?

No... no, no. Please no.

She lifted the sheets, took in the shirt she was in and the lack of clothes elsewhere, and slammed the sheets back down, staring ahead blankly.

"Fuck me." She muttered to herself in partial shock and partial blandness.

I just did.

She could practically hear Colby's snide response in her mind, knowing it would absolutely be his reply. She could see the smirk on his lips, the way he'd stand straighter, knowing he got the better of her.

Rebecca felt a sense of defeat. Could she really not control herself enough? Had this been his plan all along? To try and prove she'd still fall for his tricks after all this time?

Her mind was whirling, to say the least. The entire time she had been left alone she avoided reflection, despised it even, yet now that was all she had.

"Becks?" Suddenly, she heard Fergal's voice call out from the kitchen and panic set in. She was up scrambling and trying to find her clothes before he reached her. "Everything alright?"

Rebecca could hear his voice growing closer, and she found her underwear in time "Everything in here is like demolished."

"I'm good." She called back, trying to hurry out of the room yet tripping slightly on a blanket and trying to free her leg from it "Just give me a sec!"

"It's a-" Fergal stopped the moment he found her in her room of all places, and Rebecca watched his eyes look her up and down. "Mess..."

His face went stoic. "Rebecca. You can't be serious."

"What?" She quickly put on a careless act, brushing past him. "I'm a grown woman. I can have sex if I want."

"That I know." He shook his head, following her. "But it's who that I'm worried about."

She rolled her eyes. "You've never worried before."

"That's cause I didn't know them." His face was twisted in disgust.

"What's to say you know who it was this time?" Rebecca turned to him.

"Really?" His laugh was short and cold. "You never bring anyone back to your place. Even if so, never in that room. You yourself never go in there. No matter how drunk."

His eyebrow twitched slightly. "So if you were willing to bring someone home and fuck in that room, it just had to be a certain someone. Someone who's freshly implemented themself back into your life. Someone who, no matter how hard you try to lie, you've been craving. Almost, if not more so, as bad as booze"

"Fergal shut the fuck up." Rebecca's glare was deadly as she stood with crossed arms, glad Colby's shirt was long enough to cover her up. "You don't know what you're talking about."

Suddenly, the shirt wasn't only on Rebecca's mind. "The shirt."

"What about it?" She tried to act oblivious, more so to save herself, yet felt slightly protective over Colby.

"The final piece of evidence." Fergal shrugged easily. "He was wearing it the last time I saw it."

Rebecca doubled down on her clueless act. "Who?"

Fergal rolled his eyes. "Colby."

Rebecca shrugged, pushing a strand of hair out of her face. "And?"

"Rebecca." He lashed out. "This is the same man that mucked up your life! And you're about to give him his second chance before I've even gotten my first."

He shook his head. "But I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The good guy always gets screwed over right? I'm done."

Fergal's words slightly jarred her. "I'm done babysitting you. A grown-ass woman. While getting nothing in return."

"Oh, so that's why you stuck around." Rebecca laughed cruelly, seeing him walk to the door. "I knew it. Always a catch."

Rebecca didn't bother to follow. "I didn't ask for that. I'm perfectly fine without you."

She heard him leave and shook her head, frankly too mentally delayed by everything to put her thoughts into an orderly fashion. So she resorted to finding something mindless to do, that could distract from her loud head. 

Rebecca only didn't choose alcohol before her phone because she silently wanted to savour everything she could about the past night. However, after opening her phone as a second resort and finding a picture of Colby with his hair dyed red in return, it made her wish she reached for a bottle first.