1

Jude and Cardan had been enemies for as long as they could remember. They were both faeries, but that was where their similarities ended. Jude was a mortal who had been raised in the faerie world, while Cardan was a prince who had been born into it. They had always been at odds, with Cardan teasing and tormenting Jude at every opportunity.

But one day, something changed. Jude found herself in a dangerous situation, and Cardan was the only one who could help her. Reluctantly, he came to her aid, and in that moment, Jude saw a different side of him. He was still cruel and arrogant, but there was something else there too - something that hinted at a softer, more vulnerable side.

Over time, Jude and Cardan began to spend more time together. They would meet in secret, away from the prying eyes of the other faeries, and talk about everything and nothing. They would argue and bicker, but there was always an undercurrent of something more between them.

Eventually, they both realized that they had feelings for each other - feelings that they couldn't ignore. But there was a problem: their love was forbidden. Faeries were not allowed to love mortals, and vice versa. If they were caught, they would both be punished severely.

Despite the risks, Jude and Cardan continued to see each other in secret. They knew that what they were doing was dangerous, but they couldn't help themselves. They were in love, and nothing else mattered.

In the end, they were caught. The other faeries were outraged, and they demanded that Jude and Cardan be punished. But instead of turning on each other, they stood together, defiant and unafraid. They knew that their love was worth fighting for, no matter the cost.

In the end, they were banished from the faerie world, forced to live out their days in the mortal realm. But they didn't care. They had each other, and that was all that mattered.