Chapter 5

15 months

Harry nervously awaited the arrival of his godfather, Sirius. Just a few minutes earlier, Greyson had woken the teenager-in-a-toddler’s-body and now he was dressed – how embarrassing to need someone else to wash and dress him – and sitting in a transfigured high-chair at the table. While the porridge in front of him was tasty, it settled like lead in his stomach, he was so anxious.

The whoosh of the floo-fire made him jump and a spoon of porridge was flung over his shoulder to hit the wall with a splat. Greyson and Draco blinked at him and their lips began to twitch, before their laughter filled the kitchen. Which was of course, the moment that Sirius walked out of the fireplace.

“Harry!” Sirius chirped.

“Pa’foo’! Hay-o.” Harry’s baby voice was just as bright.

Sirius frowned for a second.

“I… I thought you were older? Why don’t you sound older?” Sirius’ face twisted in confusion.

“On’y me ‘eads older, Siri, me ‘ody is still a bubby. ‘member?”

“Oh, right, right, I forgot that. So… um… now what?”

“Now, ‘ou come haf b’eakfas’ wit us, Siri. Hey-o Remmy.” Harry added as Remus emerged from the fireplace and pushed Sirius out of his way.

“Hey, Prongslet, how’re you doing?” Remus greeted him.

“I’s goo’ Remmy. ‘uo hung’y?” Harry turned to Greyson. “Dey haf b’eakfas’ wit us, Da?”

“If they’re hungry, sure.” Greyson finally got his laughter under control. “There’s plenty to go around.”

“Thanks… Greyson, was it?” Sirius asked.

“Yeah.”

“Right. Good…. Oh, crap this is weird.”

“I know what you mean. Yesterday, I lived alone and today I have a son and a houseful of people I barely know. And according to this one,” Greyson gestured to Harry, “from now on, they are family. Weird is…”

“P’etty mush normal a’ound ‘Arry.” Muttered Draco from his seat opposite Harry.

“And who…?” Remus asked.

“Ah… This is Draco. Draco Malfoy.” Greyson informed them.

“P’ofessor ‘Upin. ‘Ousin Sirius.”

“What?” The newcomers asked, stunned.

“Duys, ‘member… we all know ‘ou, both. It’s jus’… for us, t’ings are dif’ent, we ‘member t’ings dat haven’t ‘appened for ‘ou, yet.”

“Oh, right… long night, I forgot… again.” Sirius said.

“And he probably will again, too.” Remus added.

“O’ course ‘e will.” Harry agreed.

“So what happens now?” Sirius asked again. “Besides breakfast, I mean.”

Narcissa and Lucius entered the kitchen, Lucius sitting down beside Draco and scooping him up out of the highchair and holding him on his lap. Narcissa started to reach for the coffee-pot, when she saw the two newcomers.

“Siri!” She squealed and launched herself at her cousin.

“Cissa.” Sirius’ arms grabbed hold of Narcissa and the two spun in place as Sirius tried to stay on his feet.

More laughter came as Severus, Frank and Alice also plopped themselves down at the table, Alice holding a beaming Neville.

“Alright, everyone. Grab a seat and something to eat, we have a lot to go through today.” Greyson nodded to Rumour and a Lieutenant, as they stepped from the fireplace. “Harry and Rumour made a lot of plans yesterday and if we want to be ready, we need to get started.” When everyone was sitting and had a plate in front of the them, he continued. “Harry, Rumour? You want to catch us up on what the two of you have planned, please?”