[002] alternate realities

002. alternate realities

The weariness is practically radiating off of him, the boy eyeing her so carefully that she believes he'll strike if she breathes too heavily

The weariness is practically radiating off of him, the boy eyeing her so carefully that she believes he'll strike if she breathes too heavily. He looks so much younger than when she'd met him the first time, his expression not yet scarred by death and destruction, and yet he is still Peter One. Whilst it's nice to see him, considering they had got along previously, he most certainly isn't the Peter she wants to see right now.

Surprisingly, it's Peter who speaks to her first. His hands are clenched around the edge of his long sleeved shirt, more than likely ready to use his web-shooters at a moments notice. "Who are you?"

Isabella ponders his question thoroughly, looking at him. "I'm Isabella,"

It's a simple response, one that clearly doesn't answer Peter's question entirely. It also does absolutely nothing to soothe the nervousness that is evident upon the teenager's face, eyes narrowing slightly as he tries to figure her out. It's odd, he'd been a lot more trusting the first time they'd crossed paths, which she still isn't sure was wise. This time he seems more guarded.

"The nurse said you asked for me but I don't know you. Why did you ask for me?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you kid,"

How do you even explain something like this? She doesn't even have all the answers herself, she hadn't expected to end up back here. It was supposed to be a good day — her and Ellie were going to cook dinner for the two of them and Peter and then they were going to binge watch the Harry Potter films for the millionth times because it was supposed to rain all weekend. Isabella had been looking forward to it all week long, and it would've happened if it weren't for her necklace breaking — her necklace.

Isabella's hand moves so quickly, going to grab onto what she hopes is there. A cry, a somewhat straggled one, falls from her lips when she realizes that her neck is bare. It had broken, shattered into hundreds of pieces at her feet, meaning that the barrier between her and that dark magic that had once consumed her is now gone. Doctor Strange had made that necklace, probably put some fail safe on it, and that's how she's somehow ended up all the way back here — she doubts that was the intention.

Peter seems to notice the way her hands are now shaking, her breathing heavy, and takes a hesitant step towards her. Isabella can't bring herself to speak, the fear of what's to come now creeping up her limbs at an alarming rate. When he's close enough, Isabella reaches out and latches onto his wrist tightly. "You have to help me. I need Doctor Strange,"

Peter's eyebrows scrunch together in confusion. "Who?"

 "Who?"