[005] in another world

"Missing?"

The questions falls from her lips as a breathless whisper, eyes wide and heart beating so erratically that it threatens to push through her chest. Ellie doesn't even know what to add onto that, she'd seen Isabella just this morning — they'd promised to meet up for coffee during Ellie's break. Peter looks just as disheartened and that's how she knows this is real, the girl she loves now lost.

"How the fuck did you manage to lose her?" Ellie hisses at the police officer at their front door. "It's not like she can just vanish into thin air. She was there to help you with your police operation,"

"I'm afraid that's exactly what happened. One minute she was there and then the next she was just gone," The police officer responds, looking rather solemn. Ellie can only assume that this man had worked with Isabella's father, that he's known her for a long time and this is taking a toll on him too. It dims her anger slightly, only slightly.

"Did anything happen before hand? Did she use her powers or something?" Peter questions quickly, his hands shaking ever so slightly as he tries to push away the anxiety.

"The necklace she was wearing fell apart. It shattered into so many pieces and she was trying to gather them back up again,"

The two of them in the apartment freeze up, both knowing exactly what has happened. That necklace is the one thing keeping her magic at bay, allowing her to use it freely without it taking over her completely.

"Then this orange sort of portal appeared and she was gone," The man adds on afterwards.

Peter is able to hide the worry he's feeling because it's fairly obvious what's happened here — she's gone back to that other reality they'd been in only months before. That portal belongs to Doctor Strange, the man who had a hand in accidentally bringing them over and then sending them back after the fight was over. The only way she's going to be able to get back is if that man is willing to send her back.

"Right, uh thank you. Please let us know if you find her," Peter rushes out, catching Ellie's gaze and she knows that he knows exactly where she is. She'd heard plenty of stories about their time together in that other dimension but the specifics of it are a little hazy. "We'll be sure to contact you if she turns up here,"

The police officer nods his head once before retreating, Ellie spinning around to interrogate Peter the second the door slams shut. "Where is she?"

"If I had to guess, probably back with alternate Peter,"