Day 01: Soulmates (ALT Title: Part-time Soulmates, Full-time Problem)

~

When you ask how I've been
I know you mean well, I know you mean well

Who am I dialing tonight? That's a bummer
Thaw out my freezer, burn feelings, for twenty summers

Trafalgar Law was a respected surgeon, way ahead of his years and peers, at the New World Hospital, he wasn't only good at curing people but also took active interest in research and development of new drugs and medical practices to advance the medical sciences.

It was one such night that Law was reading through his research notes that his pager went off, calling him to the ER. Law rolled his eyes and groaned, putting aside everything he had planned to read for the night, knowing exactly what was going to happen.

The hospital was quiet at this time of the night, with most of the patients sleeping and whoever got brought in the ER was, well, not in the state of being vocal or verbal either. The nurses were pacing about doing their jobs as Law headed to the only curtained bed in the ER. Taking a deep breath, Law pulled the curtain aside, knowing his peace would go with it.

"Most of the doctors here are competent, you have to let them help you instead of calling me every time." Law scolded and proceeded to pull his latex gloves on, looking down at his boyfriend of three years, Monkey D. Luffy.

"None of them are you." Luffy shrugged simply and grinned when Law took the board beside the bed and wheeled a stool to sit on.

"What did you do this time?" Law asked eyes scanning over the scarce information on the patient board, no doubt from Luffy refusing to talk to anybody but Law, he was stubborn like that.

Luffy pulled his shirt up and pointed to his profusely bleeding side. "Got stabbed."

"What the-" Law questioned himself on not noticing the blood sooner but sighed when he saw that Luffy was wearing a red shirt. "You're not allowed to wear red shirts anymore."

"Fix me?"

"When have I ever said no?" Law rolled his eyes and got to work. It was always like this with Luffy, he would get hurt picking up other people's fights and protecting them, then he would go to the ER, refuse treatment from anybody who wasn't Law, patiently wait for his boyfriend because Law was the only one allowed to treat him, well apart from Chopper but he went to learn more somewhere else. "You're such a problem." Law said, no bite or hate in his comments when he cut the thread off the five stitches. It was almost endearing, the way he said it.

"We are soulmates, so I am a problem you can't walk away from, nishishi." Luffy laughed.

Oh yes, Law kept forgetting, Luffy and him were soulmates, Law found that out after an year and a half of dating Luffy, accidentally at that too. Luffy had injured his back at that time and Law had to actually strip the boy to get to the wound, and what he found at the base of Luffy's spine, was a sunflower, exactly like Law had on his body, in the exact same location. Luffy had shrugged that information off, saying it didn't matter but he was the one who pulled the 'soulmate' card every time he got in trouble too.

~

The world is always spinning and I can't keep up

Whoa-oh-oh, faster and faster Can't do it on my own