Day 06: Hand Holding

~

"Uwaaaahhh!" Luffy screamed flying off after getting kicked in the face. The Strawhats were fighting thugs that had stolen some gold Nami was carrying, honestly it was a very stupid thing to do.

"You idiot!" Law yelled when Luffy flew past him. The Heart pirates were also there. "Grab my hand!" The older captain ran after his ally to help him before he fell into the sea, again. Law cursed when he noticed the boss of the thugs following him. Luffy shot out his arm in mid-air and took Law's hand, ready to propel himself towards his boyfriend.

"Take this!" The boss sent something flying towards the men just as Luffy landed on the ground next to Law. Both the pirate captains jumped in the opposite directions to dodge the oncoming projectile but found themselves unable to move as the said projectile collided with their still connected hands and melted around them, hardening immediately.

Law pulled at the connection and found it unmoving, he saw the boss approaching them with a club and quickly activated a ROOM to scatter his parts all over the land. Once the enemy was deemed incapacitated, Law started a scan to find the stolen gold and moved it to where most of his nakama and allies were gathered.

"What's this thing!" Luffy complained pulling at the mass that was connecting their hands, the thing didn't budge but Luffy's force made Law stumble a little.

"Stop it." Law scolded and brought Luffy to a halt, activating his ROOM again and assessing the situation at hand.

"I don't mind holding hands with Torao but this is annoying!" Luffy stomped his foot. "And it's my right hand too!"

"I can't do anything about this, the substance is not reacting at all." The blue dome subsided and the older started walking again, making Luffy follow him. "Let's rendezvous and have Tony-ya figure out what this shit is."

"Ok!"

~

"I'm going to go and check the particles I have scraped, give me some time." Chopper said holding the test-tube in front of a big light, observing the contents inside. Everyone had laughed at the captains when they appeared together with joined hands but Chopper was concerned for them.

"I'll help." Law said and started following Chopper to the infirmary where he experiments would take place but the reindeer held his hooves up, stopping the Hearts captain.

"I'm sorry Law, but as long as you are connected with Luffy, I cannot allow you near the work station." The little doctor said and scurried off.

"Nyahahahahahaaa!" Luffy laughed at Law's shocked face and pulled his boyfriend towards the kitchen. "Sanji! Gimme something to eat!"

"Take this till dinner is ready." The blond cook said and put sandwiches in front of Luffy. Law immediately made a face and Sanji realized his mistake.

"Take it out of my sight." Law seethed closing his eyes to calm himself.

"It's just bread Torao." Luffy said and brought a sandwich closer to Law, teasing him.

"Mugiwara-ya, if you want to keep your arms, I suggest you take it away from me." The older scooted away from the offending food item and thanked his luck that Luffy's rubber arm stretched when Law wanted to move away.

"Imma go to the bathroom now!" Luffy announced inhaling the sandwiches and running out of the kitchen without a second thought that Law was still attached to his hand.

"Oi wait you idiot!" Law called. "I am not going in there with you!"

"Too bad Torao, there is no other choice." Luffy said with a grin and Law knew he was doing this on purpose.

"There is! Wait you animal!"

Law had opted for using the rubber capacity of Luffys' arm and stood outside of the bathroom door, the younger's arm stretching all the way. The older thought his misery would end soon since Tony-ya was a capable doctor and would come up with some kind of remedy for their situation. Law was hauled across the ship, manhandled worse than he was during Dressrosa, had to endure Luffy's numerous bathroom endeavors, his heels were spent from having been dug in the deck so many times to save himself from following Luffy in the sea when the younger was stupid enough to fall in while fishing.

This got all the worse when Chopper appeared from the infirmary and shook his head. "It will take two to three days and crumble on its own, there is nothing that can rush the process."

"Can I try cutting it now?" Zoro jumped at the opportunity and Law hid his connected hand behind himself.

"You stay the fuck away! I want my hand back safe and intact!" Law warned.

"Nyahahaha! Let's try that Zoro!" Luffy agreed easily.

"No!"

"Tch, you are no fun Torao." Zoro shrugged and left.

~

Exactly three days later the substance did dry up all of a sudden and crumbled and as soon as that happened, Luffy bounded off, running like a wild animal all over the place while Law sat down peacefully in a corner cradling his hand close to himself, checking for damage. The only thing he found was the reddened print of Luffy's hand where he had been holding.

Law didn't see much of Luffy the entire day and started thinking that the younger had hated being connected to him, hated being that close to Law and now that he was free, he wouldn't think twice about being that close again.

But Law was wrong.

"Torao!" Luffy called and jumped beside his boyfriend, sitting down with him and looking at the older man with a grin, taking his hand again. "Like I thought, I like holding Torao's hand!"

"What the fuck are you on about..." Law mumbled hiding his flushing cheeks.

"My hand felt empty, I missed holding your hand."

"You can hold it, just don't push bread in my face again."

"Nishishi!"

~