Day 05: Nakama + Healing (Chapter 01: Nakama)

Trigger Warning: Implied Suicide

Major Post-Wano spoilers!

At your own risk fellas!

~

Bepo bolted. He took his captain, secured him on his back and he bolted. He trusted his nakama, they would be fine, they had overcome worse.

They would be fine.

~

"Ah we are finally out of that place!" Nami sighed and relaxed on deck, looking over the numerous Vegapunks.

"Awohh! Vegapunk! Let me show you around Sunny!" Franky struck a pose and took majority of the weirdos with him, leaving a few of the Strawhats on the deck. Jinbei was managing the helm, Sanji was cooking, Usopp was keeping a lookout.

Things had finally calmed down but the captain and the firstmate were still on edge. They had encountered one of the Gorosei, such a thing was not so easily dismissed.

Luffy was slouched on the railing, looking at the waves crashing against the ship, Zoro was starting to doze off by the younger's feet. They were both getting towards the calm after a battle but it was all too soon dissipated when they felt a presence in their range of haki.

"Someone's approaching." Zoro said.

"Yeah." Luffy nodded and strained his eyes and haki. "It's Torao!" The captain jumped on the railing, Zoro grabbed the back of his shirt so he wouldn't fall off. Luffy strained his senses more and his smile fell. The captain quickly located his reindeer doctor fanning himself and called for him. "Chopper! Something's wrong!"

"Wha-" Chopper was quickly on his feet and scurried to Luffy the exact moment when something jumped out of the sea and onto the Sunny's deck.

The quiet chattering going around the ship suddenly died down with the arrival of a white bear mink in an orange jumpsuit, cradling, very close to his furry body, his captain.

"He's flat-lined multiple times on the way here," Bepo informed Chopper who didn't waste time and got into his human form so he could take the tall surgeon out of the bear's protective grip. There was barely any pulse or breathing movement, the injuries were draining the body of blood very quickly. The situation was very bad. "I keep bringing him back with Electro but he keeps going away." Bepo's words were barely coherent but to Chopper animal ears, they were loud enough.

"Leave him to me." Chopper said and took Law in his arms and ran for the infirmary, not stopping to listen, acknowledge or answer the numerous questions that were being thrown at him, the man in his arms was breaking more and more with the passing second and the young doctor didn't want his Captain to lose this one person.

"Bepo! Are you ok! What happened!" Nami was the first to snap out of the trance everyone had fallen into. She quickly went to the bear's side and helped him sit on the grass.

"Captain... captain is..." Bepo couldn't speak through the thick tears that were falling out of his eyes, not stopping once he realized he had made it to the Strawhats and that there was now a chance for his captain to be saved. Nami and Robin patted the mink to help him relax but he was inconsolable.

"What happened?" Luffy asked and everyone shut up at the same time, again. The air got heavy and the skies felt darker than before. Luffy's voice was low but it carried the danger as per the yonko's reputation.

Bepo couldn't answer, not to this person. The bear knew what might happen if Luffy found out that it was Blackbeard again, messing with his loved ones. So Bepo stayed quiet, it wasn't his place to say anything but he still had to say something. "Thank you for not turning me away but I cannot say anything unless my captain tells me to."