11 - Back Together

It was a week later and I was out of the hospital and mostly moved back into Ransom's. I had quit the club and I felt freer since I had. I was sitting on the bed in mine and Ransom's room when I heard Ransom talking downstairs and grumbling about something. I was concerned since I was hoping he wasn't having regrets about me moving in after he paid to get me out of my lease at my apartment. I got off the bed and went downstairs.

"Come on Kitten seriously?! You follow me everywhere! I can't even take a shit without you in the bathroom! Don't you have anything better to do than follow me around all damn day. Go bug your mother! She loves you more than I do." Ransom stood in the kitchen talking to the cat and I tried not to laugh at him looking at the cat on the floor who then just meowed at him.

"It must be something about Kittens, they love following you around and being clingy." I spoke up and Ransom looked at me and sighed with a smile.

"I don't mind one in particular but this one just won't stop." Ransom said and I walked over to him picking up the cat and then Ransom wrapped us in his arms.

"You're new. When I got her she followed me everywhere. It will wear off eventually." I said and Ransom sighed and nodded.

"I just want some peace." Ransom said and I sighed.

"Ransom, is it going to be a problem having her? I mean I'm sure my old neighbor would take her." I said a little upset and Ransom groaned.

"No, she yours. I will just deal. We have to do something about her in bed though. She likes to get between us and I havent been able to cuddle you at all." Ransom said and I laughed.

"Move her cat tower to the corner in the bedroom she will sleep on that." I said and Ransom nodded and released me from his grip and rushed over to the cat tower in the living room and picked it up taking it to the bedroom. I looked at Kitten. "You're driving your new dad crazy, can you please stop following him and driving him crazy." I said and she started purring. Ransom came back down the stairs and I smiled at me.

"In the corner of the room. Now she can sleep there and let me have you back." Ransom said and I laughed as he scratched her head.

"Listen, why don't I cook dinner and you go relax on the couch." I said putting the cat down and Ransom smiled.

"You sure you feel up to it?" Ransom said running his fingers along my cheek the was still a little bruised.

"I'm fine Ransom. Don't worry." I said placed a hand on his cheek.

"I know but I worry about you and don't want you over doing it." Ransom said and I put my hands on my hips.

"Is this why we havent had sex?" I asked and he laughed.

"I mean kind of. I also didn't want you to think I expected it just because you moved in." Ransom and I shook my head.

"Ransom I don't think you expect it but it would be nice to know it's on the table and that morning here in the kitchen wasn't a fluke." I said and he shook his head.

"Oh hell no Kitten, not a fluke and once you get the all clear from the doctor, I will be all over you." Ransom said and I laughed as he leaned in giving me a small kiss.

"Go sit, I'll make us something to eat." I said and he nodded and walked into the living room.

🧩 🧩 🧩

After about an hour of cooking I was about done and I wanted to let Ransom know. I walked into the living room and saw him lying on the couch sleeping, but Kitten was spooning him and Ransom had his arm over her. I pulled out my phone and took some pictures.

"Blackmail that he really loves her." I said to myself. I walked over to the couch and moved Kitten then leaned in and kissed Ransom's cheek. I saw him smirk, so I kissed his forehead.

"Moving further away from where I want you to kiss Kitten." Ransom said and I gave a small laugh.

"Dinner is ready." I said and Ransom opened his eyes.

"Smells amazing." Ransom said as we walked into the kitchen and sat at the kitchen island. I then heard the oven go off.

"Oh that's dessert!" I said and I rushed to the oven. I pulled out brownies and Ransom smiled.

"They look amazing." Ransom said and I smiled.

"Thanks Ran. I try." I said and he smiled.

We sat down and started eating and Ransom looked at me.

"Hey, so I know you arent working at the club anymore..." Ransom trailed off and I just looked at him.

"Right..." I answered.

"But I have to say watching you on the pole that night on the stage you are damn talented. I was going to suggest maybe getting a pole for the bedroom I can put up and take down if you ever get the urge to put on a little show for just me." Ransom said and I started laughing.

"Ransom, seriously?! You want to get a stripper pole for the bedroom?" I asked and he waggled his eyebrows at me.

"Ransom, I don't know if I want a stripper pole in the bedroom. Maybe the basement but more for workout than anything. It kept me in great shape." I said and Ransom smiled.

"That it did." Ransom said and shook my head.

"Calm down Drysdale. If and that's a big if I agree to this, you won't be down there when I work out." I said and he growled.

"Oh Kitten, if I want to come down, I will." Ransom said leaning over and giving me a small kiss.

"You are enjoying this idea way too much." I said and he laughed.

"Hey, I just want to keep you in shape if you want to stay in shape." Ransom said and I rolled my eyes.

"I'll let you know. I mean I can think of plenty of ways to keep me in shape..." I said running my hand up Ransom's thigh and he jolted causing me to laugh.

"Evil Kitten." Ransom said and I smiled as we continued eating enjoying finally being back together.