Chapter 37: A Real Chance

"I know this taste" Maya and Adhira shrieked together at the first bite of the food.

"You've tasted it in Eat Healthy. No. It is not ordered from there. She was the head chef there. Now she works in Kairav, she's the head chef there" Adhiraj and Yuvaan said in a monotonous tone making Kaira burst out laughing.

"What?" Adhiraj shrugged his shoulders as Kaira served him. She ate a bite from his plate and nodded at him. Everyone on the table saw the silent exchange of words.

"You don't trust your wife huh Adhi?" Kavya asked with evilness in her voice.

"Of course I trust her bua. What made you think otherwise?" Adhiraj asked shocked as Kaira sat beside him and served plate.

"She tasted from your plate and then you ate" Adhira said, not liking the fact on how he treated Kaira.

"Ohh that. No masi its not what you are thinking. I like her taking her first bite from my plate. It's like it adds flavor to food in my plate. The way she appreciates herself on that bite is worth watching for the rest of my life. I don't make her eat the first bite out of checking whether she's poisoned my food or not. Though if you get on her wrong side, you are for sure in a ride to hell" Adhiraj said chuckling. Kaira who was almost eating, looked at him without blinking.

Suddenly another voice popped in her mind, sending her wrong signals of what if Adhiraj was simply putting up a show for his family but in reality he still made her taste food because he was scared of her poisoning him.

"Aww that's so cute. Wait till I have my husband here. He so needs to learn how to be a gentleman. After having twins, its like he's 99% of the times in father zone and barely 1% in husband mode. He's so getting tutored by you tonight" Avantika says as her expression changes from aww to angry to sad to happy, all within a small time frame.

"Women and mood swings" Yuvaan sighs loudly just to be smacked by his mother and grandmother at once.

"Jeez women stop. You guys are getting violent day by day. Its time you join army, am sure you'll be able to rip atleast 5 men apart" Yuvaan moves away from them and sits beside Adhiraj with his plate.

"Whatever" The women roll their eyes at him.

"By the way, I've called my friends home tonight. We all are having a nightout. Di said even Mahira and Adesh would come so my Ansh baby will also join" Kaira said with a dreamy expression of how cute Saaransh was and it had been long since she saw him.

"If your friend wasn't enough, you invited that chota packet bada dhamaka too" Adhiraj said angrily.

"Aye mister, not a word against my nephew huh. He's just a 10 year old boy, what wrong could he have done to you?" Kaira serves him more.

"He looks at me and Rudraansh as if we stole his chocolate right infront of him. He's what 10, but has the impression that you and dimwit are his possessions. Man needs to be tamed" Adhiraj said grudgingly, remembering the look he receives whenever he accompanies Kaira to the Shekhawats.

"Its just in your mind. You read between the lines too much at times. He is just 10, he doesn't know about all this nonsense" Kaira looks at him incredously.

"Yeah continue living in that. Men know how men look at women. You can't talk me out of it" Adhiraj pulled Kaira's face towards him and said. Maya, Gayatri and Adhira were practically fawning over the couple whereas the younger generation looked at them with dreamy eyes including Radhika. 

"Its the dining room not your bedroom" Kavya said making everyone look at her with an annoyed expression.

"Sorry bua ji. I told you na, Rana ji and I are like... we just can't get enough of each other. We are still in our honeymoon phase" Kaira said in an overly sweet tone just to annoy Kavya more. Everyone pressed a hand on their mouths to prevent from laughing out loud.