35. Glimpse of her

8 months later...

Where are you Y/N? It's been months. Yoongi sighed, staring at the phone screen. I'm so lonely without you. You know, sometimes I forget that you're gone. I miss you so much. Do you miss me? At that moment his phone rang. Taking a deep breath, he picked up the phone. It was one of his close friends, Lucas who was from Portugal. They went to the same university together.

On the phone...

~ Hello?

~ Yoongi, you are coming right?

~ Lucas, I think I can't -

~ Please Yoongi, we've not met for so long. We've a lot to catch up and my daughter wants you as the gift on her birthday. Can't you do it for your dearest friend?

...

~ Come on Min! It's only for two days. I promise I'll let you leave whenever you want to.

Yoongi went silent for a while. He thought about it. It won't hurt if he went to see his friend and her daughter, specially the little girl. Kids are his favourite. How can he say no? On the top of that it's been years since he went Portugal and maybe it'll give him some time to cool off from everything that's been happening for the last few months.

~ Fine! I'll be there.

~ Yes! Thank you so much. My daughter will be so happy.

Yoongi smiled at his friend's reaction. After that they talked for a while before ending the call. Lucas's daughter's birthday was tomorrow. He'll have to travel for more than 13 hours to arrive in Portugal. I'm already tired just by thinking about it. So he needed to leave tonight.

He sighed and went to the closet to pack up his things. "Are you going somewhere?" Yoongi turned behind, only to see it was Seokjin. "Yeah, in Portugal." Seokjin sat on the couch with a confuse face. "What for? We don't have any schedule this month." The older said. Yoongi shook his head then explained everything.

"Oh! That's great. I also think it'll be a good relaxation for you." The older said. "How can I relax hyung when she's not with me? I don't even know if she's ok or not." The rapper sighed in exhaustion. "I know Yoongi. I'm sure you'll get a clue. Be patient." Seokjin comforted him."I'm trying hyung." Yoongi replied. The singer patted his back and said, "Don't give up."

"I won't. I'll wait for her as long as it takes. I'll find her at any cost."

Later that night, Yoongi left for Portugal after biding goodbyes with the others. After flying for more than thirteen hours, he was tired as hell. He couldn't sleep for a second cause he kept thinking about the time when he and Y/N were going for their honeymoon.

After getting off the plane, Yoongi looked for Lucas who was waiting for him with a signboard. There was written, "Welcome world star!" Idiot. Yoongi smiled, seeing his friend who was still as goofy as ever. "Annyeonghaseyo." Lucas greeted him, trying to sound as funny as possible.

Yoongi bursted into laughter. "Dude you've not changed a bit. How are you?" They both hugged each other. "I'm great. What about you?" Yoongi gave him a thumb up. "Great but you've a lot to explain Min Yoongi." The rapper nodded, knowing about the explanation his friend wanted. "Let's go. We're already late. Ines is waiting." With that they made their way to Lucas's place.

Ines, Lucas's five years old daughter hugged Yoongi as soon as he stepped in. She cried cause she's been waiting to meet him since she got to know he was her dad's friend. "It's ok honey. I'm here now so don't cry." Yoongi rubbed her back. "I'm so happy that you came for me tio. Best birthday ever!"

"Anything for my little angel." Yoongi said, kissing her cheek. "Let's celebrate now." With that the birthday party started. The rest of the night went smoothly. Though Yoongi was tired but he had fun. Whole time Ines was holding his hand with a big smile on her face. He felt genuinely happy for the first time in eight months.

The next day Lucas and Yoongi decided to explore the island named, Madeira where Lucas lived. Yoongi was tired with all the traveller in cars. So he just wanted to walk while breathing in the fresh air of this beautiful island. They talked about life, work and everything. Yoongi told him everything because he trusted Lucas. "Damn bro, you're really an asshole." Yoongi looked at him and sighed, "I know."

"Do you love her?" Yoongi was silent. "I-" At that moment, he heard a familiar sound of piano. This tune? Yoongi looked in front of him, only to see there was a art school where something seemed to be happening and the tune was coming from there. It was the same notes which Yoongi taught Y/N few months back when everything was perfect between them. Lucas frowned as Yoongi stopped walking all of a sudden. "Yoongi?"

"Huh?" Yoongi answerd after being called twice by Lucas. "What's wrong with you?" The rapper was still in the same position. It seemed he was thinking about something. "This tune." Lucas was getting more confused. Before Lucas could question him about the tune, Yoongi ran inside the art school. "Yoongi stop! What are you doing?"

Yoongi froze at his place as soon as he got inside. He couldn't believe his eyes. It was her. Y/N! She changed her appearance but Yoongi knew it was her because of those same beautiful hazel eyes. I found you. "Yoongi, what the hell?"

"I found her Lucas." Yoongi turned back to his friend before hugging him in happiness. "Finally." Lucas broke the hug. "That's great dude. Where is she?" Yoongi pointed at the front but his smile vanished away as she was not there. Where is she? Yoongi looked around the room. "I swear she was here a second ago." Lucas facepalmed. "Are you sure you're not hellucinating?"

"No no it can't be." Yoongi went to ask someone to make sure with Lucas following behind him. "Excuse me?" An old lady turned back to Yoongi. She stared at both of them with a weird look. "Yes? May I help you with something?"

"Yes. Can you tell me about the girl who was playing the piano a while ago?" The old woman fixed her glass. "Depends on who's asking." Yoongi took a deep breath. "Her husband." The woman seemed to think about something before smiling widely. "Woah aren't you Min Yoongi aka Suga? That's why you look so familiar. I tend to forget things. Can I get a selfie with you please? I'm a big fan."

"I appreciate ma'am but first can you tell me about her please?" Yoongi said with desperation. "Okay. I don't know her original name but she goes with Melody. I've heard she's good at playing piano so I hired her for today's performance at our school."

"Thank you so much ma'am." Yoongi bowed to her. After taking a selfie with her Yoongi hurried over outside as he got to know that her performance was done and she's leaving. However he couldn't get her. She was gone. "Y/N!"

Meanwhile...

"Yoongi!" Y/N was sleeping in the car but she woke up, feeling like Yoongi was calling for her. I must be losing my mind. He's not here and even if he is why would he find me? He hates me. She sighed, rubbing her face. "We're here ma'am." The driver said, as they arrived at the airport.

After getting off the car, Y/N went in. She took a deep breath. She was leaving for her home country. Few days ago she got a call and it was about her nanny. The woman was badly sick and she wanted to see her so Y/N had to leave. She didn't know what's going to happen to her. She had mixed feelings. Home only brings bad memories. I hope it won't be too bad this time.

If she only knew.

"The bird has stepped into the trap."