Prologue {Beginning}

Author's Note:
     - Regular Speech - Normal
     - Thoughts - Italics
     - I wrote this book with the human versions of the ninjago characters in mind, you can imagine them as legos, but legos aren't going to be mentioned in the story  

"Hmm, today's real busy isn't it?" [Name's] thoughts were barely heard in his own mind over the noise of the crowd. Running through the crowded sidewalks, he finally stopped at a bus stop. Now all he had to do was wait for the bus to take him closer to his apartment. "Why'd I take this job again? Oh, right, because there wasn't anthing else. But it just HAD to be on the other side of town!!!" Life was rough, but he had to make the best of it. He wasn't the only one, lots of other people were in the same position as him. Life just seemed kind of boring.

He sat down on the bench, not caring how dirty it was. His legs were tired from running, what else was he going to do? There was nobody else at the bus stop, which was odd. There were usually people here waiting for the same bus as him. "Strange... Should I be worried? Nah, it's fine. I just need to get home." Footsteps were audible against the pavement of the sidewalks. [Name] looked up to see a man walking closer. He seemed to be in his early twenties. The stranger eventually sat down at the bench, seemingly also waiting for the bus. [Name] redirected his attention back to his thoughts, he didn't want to seem like a creep.

"Hello there, young boy." [Name] looked back up at the man. "Hello." [Name] was now able to take a closer look at him. Though, there wasn't a lot he could see, for the man wore flowing white robes and a large straw hat. Golden features strewn throughout the fabric. "Huh... How odd. No, don't judge. That's rude." "What are you thinking about, child?" [Name] was a bit hesitant about answering, this was a stranger he was talking to, but it was at least something to pass the time. "Oh, nothing. Just how ordinary my life seems." "Hmm, what makes it ordinary?" "It's probably the repetative routine. How I wake up just to work day after day. It gets boring after a while."

The man held out his hand. "How would you like a life full of adventure?" [Name] automatically assumed that this was a hypothetical question. How would he be able to get a second chance and live an entirely different life?

"I'd probably like it a lot better than this one." [Name] laughed at the idea. He wasn't lying though, it was the truth. The man laughed as well and put his hand down.

"A life of adventure would be much more exciting. It'd be a lot of fun. I'd enjoy it and get to live the life I've always wanted." {Name] continued to answer his question with no more hesitation.

"What is the life you've always wanted?" "Maybe..." [Name] looked up at the sky and smiled. "A life full of adventure, magic, and... I guess... love." The man slightly tilted his hat up and smiled. "I see, I hope you'll find happiness." [Name] looked back at the man and returned his smile. "Thank you..."

[Name's] voice trailed off as all the energy he had before was stolen from him. "What's happening to me?" His body tipped over and fell onto the rough ground. The man stood up and kneeled down by his side. "Sorry, child. But this is the only way to give you the life you deserve." He smiled one last time before [Name] fell into a void of darkness. "The life I deserve..."

[Name's] body floated in the darkness for what seemed to be years, but it all felt wrong. Like someone was rewinding time further and further. But the feeling suddenly disappeared and replaced with a new one.

It was cold, oddly cold. [Name] opened his eyes and sat up. He was laying in the middle of a snowy forest, no civilization in sight. "Where... Where am I?" 

 ~ { End of Prologue } ~