Chapter 10 {Beautiful}

{Author's Note}:
- Regular Speech - Normal
- Thoughts - Italics
- Past / Flashbacks - [ ]

"Father!"

You woke up with a jolt. The cage had been empty as you could feel the mechanical dragon traveling through the air. "What was that?" You could a hear a voice scream out from outside. "Was that Lloyd? Oh, what am I thinking, who else would it be?"

Only a few moments later, Lloyd was brought into the room by Pythor, who had changed to a pale white from the Devourer. "[Name]! Ow!" Lloyd was tossed into the glass cage with you. He immediately got up and ran over to you, hugging you so tight you couldn't breathe.

"Lloyd, I... I can't..." "Oh, sorry. But you're okay. You worried me so much." The reunion was heart-melting, but now wasn't a good time to catch up. Pythor's face contorted in disgust as he activated the transference to bring the Overlord into the real world. He quickly left the room to attend to other matters.

You could hear the machinery starting up as it took a moment for the process to start, but when it did, it was worse than the corruption. Your wings and halo were forcefully activated as it felt like the machine was ripping them from your body.

Lloyd groaned in pain as he hugged you again, your hands digging into his back. You didn't even notice you were screaming out in pain. It drowned out all of your other senses. You clung to Lloyd as tight as you could as you felt your body go numb.

Ribbons of magic burst from your body as they desperately clung to your skin. You were being torn apart like a ragdoll. There was no room to think among the pain. Golden power swirled around the machine, mixing with the [Favorite Color] magic.

You felt your strength depleting bit by bit. The way your magic was pratically glued to your skin didn't help, and only made it worse. The white light from your wings and halo, the light from your [Favorite Color] magic, it was all blinding.

"Soon you will be utterly powerless. And I... I will escape this digital prison and become whole. And nothing will stop me from becoming the Golden Master!" The Overlord taunted you two as you suffered. 

Your whole body was shaking from the excrutiating pain. Lloyd only grasped you tighter as he began to shake as well, the situation draining all his energy. Your hands dug even deeper into his back, the pain becoming unbearable.

"We are not alone. We are not alone." Lloyd spoke over his pain, as if he was trying to provide you with even a taste of comfort. "You are not alone." "Zane...?" "We are not alone!" Lloyd said it again, louder.

The Overlord began to move, you could hear the Ninja fighting against the Overlord, but the pain crowded your ears, making it harder to hear their words.

"They'll be okay... You just have to hold on..." Lloyd pulled you even closer, as if he was trying to relieve you of your pain.

Moments later, the ship began to explode. Fires burned as the cage was smashed to bits. The pain began to relent, but you couldn't move. You felt strong hands pick you up and throw your arm around a shoulder. Lloyd was helping to carry you out of the burning wreck. You began to help by walking yourself as best as you could. Your head felt heavy as dizziness blurred your sight.

"Losing altitude. Impact in T-minus..." The computer in the machine began to count down yoru demise. "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..." The automated voice got lower and lower as you and Lloyd made it to the exit, the mouth of the dragon.

Lloyd tried to grab onto one of the metal teeth of the dragon, but his hand slipped and both of you fell into the water. You crashed safely out of reach of the machine as it crashed as well, sinking down to the ocean floor. Lloyd opened his eyes at the same time as you, and you both began to swim for shore.