Chapter 9 {Thoughts}

{Author's Note}:
- Regular Speech - Normal
- Thoughts - Italics
- Past / Flashbacks - [ ]
- This book is #1 in both tags Lloydxmalereader and Lloydxreader! :D

~ { Lloyd... } ~

Garmadon and Lloyd were hiding from the Overlord in a mountain range, the same dirt brown everywhere except the sky. Lloyd was training with a tower of boulders placed on his shoulders. 

"We underestimate the importance of balance. When it's there, we're at peace. If something is off, everything falls." Garmadon placed a rock the size of his hand on the top of the tower, Lloyd grunted from the additional weight. "Ninjago is no different. It put too much faith in technology, allowing the Overlord to return. And because of your friends, now the world is without power. When one relies on something too much, we become weak, vulnerable, imbalanced. In order to find your full potential and unlock your true power, you must find your own balance." Garmadon placed yet another rock on the stack.

"I'm already the Golden Ninja, how much more power do I need?" Lloyd was confused, this seemed all too much. "You've only scratched the surface. You have the potential to move mountains. The power of the First Spinjitzu Master." Garmadon went on with his lecture, but Lloyd wasn't really in the mood.

"[Name] and the Ninja destroyed the power substation, essentially destroying the Overlord and his Nindroids. Why can't we go back?" "Why can't I go see [Name] again?" Garmadon grabbed a large and heavy boulder.

"Essentially? Until the Overlord is fully erased from the system, we must not go back, but forward." Garmadon dropped the last boulder on the tower, knocking it down on top of Lloyd. Who fell to the ground, encased in rocks.

Lloyd freed himself from the pile and sighed, sitting down, he stared at the rocky horizon. Seemingly looking for something, or someone. Garmadon easily recognized the saddened look in his eyes. He jumped down from the rocky pillar he stood on to the ground, and sat down next to his son.

"You're thinking about him, aren't you?" Garmadon looked over at his son who shot up to attention and looked anywhere but his eyes. "No!" Lloyd tried to deny it, but Garmadon could see the red color of embarrassment on the tips of his ears.

"They do say distance makes the heart grow fonder." "What? I don't love him! He's just a good friend!" Garmadon put a hand on Lloyd's shoulder. "Then why is he all you think about? I can see that look in your eyes, you miss him. But you don't just miss him."

Garmadon stood up and looked down at his son. "You're worried for him. Ever since you were reunited, you've gotten closer, both metaphorically and literally. You're always concerned for his safety, catching him when he falls, or holding his hand so he doesn't get lost. You can't keep denying it, you love him. More than anything else, more than your powers, more than Ninjago. I felt the same way when I met your mother." Garmadon was about to make a whole speech on the topic of love, but Lloyd stopped him. "Okay, you can stop!"

The red hue only darkened on Lloyd's face. "I... I guess I do love him..." Lloyd admitted it, as it was the only way to get his father to stop. Garmadon smiled as he ruffled Lloyd's blonde hair. "Don't worry, you'll see him again when this is all over. For now, we should get a move on, and if you can't move mountains, we'll just have to go over them."

~ { Meanwhile... } ~

You and the Ninja had arrived at Jay's childhood home, the junkyard. You got to meet Jay's parents, they were really nice and easily warmed up to you. But now you were all searching through the garbage piles for some machine parts for a reason you couldn't remember. You couldn't remember the name or description of the part you were looking for either. The names were far to ridiculous and complicated to remember clearly.