II

KIMMY

Getting into work right after class is always so tiring. I'm always exhausted when I get in here and of course, it doesn't help that I have to be here damn near all night.

"Hey, what can I get you guys tonight?" I smile at the patrons as they approach the bar.

"Two shots of Henessey and a sex on the beach." The guy replies.

"I don't want that fruity ass drink." The woman next to him responds.

He smacks his teeth and looks at her. "What do you think you're about to drink? You're a lady. You're not supposed to be drinking no hard shit like that."

I stare at the man as the woman frowns at him.

"Anyway," I say. "We've got whiskey, tequila, vodka, Hennessey, Dusse, Grey Goose. Theres some Hypnotiq back here too if you feel like getting slammed like it's 2013."

Her boyfriend looks at me in disbelief and I blink at him.

"Ouu, can you mix the Hpnotiq with something? Something kind of tasteful but with a kick?"

"Yup." I smile at her and she thanks me.

She looks happy as I make the drink for her. She sits at the bar with me while her boyfriend walks off with his friends.

"He seems like a killjoy." I tell her.

"He isnt always like that." She defends. "Just as of lately he has been."

"A killjoy?"

"Yeah.. but just in general, he's been seeming more protective, I think. He's been getting mad about what I wear like I wasn't wearing this kind of stuff when he met me. He tried to tell me that my homegirls are fake because they always talk bad about him. Like I vent to them about our little disuptes as like second opinion and he gets mad saying they're trying to break us up."

"Girl..." I look at her as I pour her drink into the glass. "I'm gonna be real honest with you."

She looks at me, ready for what I have to say and attentive.

"Run." I tell her.

"Run?"

She looks confused.

"Get the hell out of that relationship. It starts like this and next thing you know, you're isolated from the world and being emotionally abused. He's already trying it, pushing his limits to see how far you'll let him take it."

"...that's what my mom said."

"Listen to your mother. You may love him but she loves you way more. I'm telling you." I say with a sigh.

She takes the drink and sips on it. "You know he told me he deleted his instagram a couple weeks ago. But my friend said his page popped on her finsta recommendeds. He didnt delete it, he just blocked all of us. He's been liking other girls' pictures and stuff. But they dress how I dress but he's telling me to stop it."

"Because he's a loser." I put emphasis on the word. "Who gets a bad bitch and then wants them to stop being a bad bitch? Losers, that's who."

The woman looks down at her drink for a few seconds before nodding.

"You know what? You're right. I don't have to take this from him." She knocks back the glass of alcohol before getting up from her seat.

I watch as she marches over to her boyfriend. He ignores for a few seconds before she grabs him by the arm and pulls him away. He looks frustrated and annoyed as she does so.