V

KIMMY

I wait in my car after sending Jungkook the text that I'm outside. His text bubble pops up and I swipe out of the thread before he responds, locking my phone in the process.

My phone dings with his simple response of 'OK'.

Grabbing my school bag and textbook, I turn my car off and walk to the front door of the large house. It looks mildly misplaced on the street of midsized homes.

I only have to wait there for a second before the door swings open with Jungkook behind it.

I grip the sides of my Econ textbook and avert my eyes. He's shirtless, toweling his hair dry with a pair of sweats hanging on his hips.

"Hey." He says casually.

"Hey."

He steps out of the way and I walk into the house.

Looking around, it looks like something that my mind can only cross reference with a frat house. There is couch and a coffee table in the living room with papers scattered all over it and an open laptop open on the desk.

Across from the couch, there's a flat screen mounted to the wall. It's playing what looks to be an interview on YouTube.

"Uh, we can go upstairs. Taehyung is going to be here soon and he's going to take over this entire room." Jungkook closes the door behind me and walks past into the living room.

He closes his laptop gathers the papers together to place under it.

Grabbing the remote, he quickly turns the TV off and tosses it back onto the couch.

"Come on. This way." He gestures to the stairs and I start walking up.

"Which room is yours?"

"The second one on your left. The door's open."

I step onto the landing and walk down to his room. It's cleaner than my room at the dorms, that's for sure.

I drop my bag down onto the floor and sit in the office chair in front of his desk.

Jungkook tosses the towel into the laundry basket and goes to his dresser to look for a shirt. He slips on a blue t shirt as I take out my stuff.

"So, there's 70 questions on the exam and you missed...." I look at my notes as he sits on his bed.

He pulls his laptop and textbook out of his bag before leaning against his headboard.

"25." He states.

"Right." I confirm. "25."

Jungkook inhales while pushing his hair back. He closes his eyes and rubs his forehead. He mutters something to himself before shaking his head.

"Can we skip the small talk about it and get to the teaching, please? I don't have the patience for this. It's hard enough as it is. I don't need it shoved down my throat that I didn't pass. I know that. I can see that. Just help me. Please."

Despite the hostility in his tone, his eyes are much softer. The stress is evident in his features. The sense of defeat is there.

He breaks eye contact with me and looks down at his textbook.

"You'll pass the midterm, Jungkook." I state as I turn my laptop on.

"It's not looking like it."

"The questions that you missed are all correlated with each other. If you didn't understand something in the lessons prior, it just gets worse as the class progresses. It's building on what you already didn't get, so it's more confusing."