III

KIMMY

Per usual, I arrive a little early to Econ and make my way up the stairs to sit in the back of the class.

I didn't make it to my first block on time and that kind of annoyed me. I'm rarely ever late but definitely never to first blocks.

I open my laptop to start making breakdowns of what our test was about, topic by topic. This way, I can tutor Jungkook section by section.

Luckily, our professor posted the test and all of the correct answers to the class board. The retake won't have the same questions so he's not 'giving away answers' to anybody.

Now I just have to wait to see Jungkook's test and his score so I can where he needs help.

And right on cue, in he walks.

Well, at the sound of the late bell for the class.

Professor Demaw looks at him with a raised brow and he smiles sheepishly before finding me. He skips steps up to get there quicker, taking a seat next to me.

Of course,  he's out of breath as if he's run here. An every day occurrence.

His clothes are loose on his body, a little oversized as usual. It's a contrast to what I see him when he visits the club.

There he typically wears casual suits or button down with slacks. Those are tailored just for him, fitted to his specific measurements.

Though, admittedly, he looks good in either style. They both suit him well.

"Sorry I'm late." He apologizes as he fishes through his bookbag.

The sound of his voice makes me realize that I'm staring. I avert my eyes, turning my head away from him.

"I wasn't going to come but then I remembered that our grades our tethered." He finishes his sentence.

Thanks? I guess.

I roll my eyes again as I take my binder out. At this rate, I'll be doing that the entire tutor session. 

"Ah, here it is." He pulls out a blue folder with papers stuffed inside. I raise my left brow as he opens it up and pulls out his test to hand it to me. 

I place it on the desk and rub the crinkles out to read it.

"63?" I finally speak.

I flip through the pages and see the red marks and corrective actions written next to them.

"Did you just not pay attention at all?" I whine as I read the markings.

I've got my work cut out for me.

He scoffs and rolls his eyes. "I did study. This stuff is just hard. Some people aren't mathematically inclined. Not everyone is as smart as you, Miss-" He looks at my test result on my laptop.

"92 percent. What are you, an AI or something?" His face scrunches as his top lip curls.

"No, an AI would've gotten a perfect score." I rebuttal.

"Not necessarily." He says back. "Perfect scores in Econ means that you probably cheated. Nobody's that goddamn smart. I think it'd miss questions on purpose to avoid the accusation." He crosses his arms in front of his chest.