𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚.

─☼☼☼─

𝙒𝙃𝙀𝙉 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙊𝙏𝙏𝙀 𝘼𝙒𝙊𝙆𝙀 the next morning, she was in a slight daze. 

Her and Kiara had stayed up through the night, each of them recounting the six weeks they had been apart. 

Kiara told Charlotte about Poguelandia, about the rescue by Jimmy Portis, and the subsequent plane crash-turned-kidnapping that resulted in Kiara ending up here. 

Charlotte's heart ached when she thought about how much she had missed with her friends over the past month and a half, but a large part of her was grateful for the time she got to spend with Rafe. The Kook part of her was even more grateful that she didn't have to live without running water for six weeks. 

In return, Charlotte told Kiara about Guadeloupe, about Ward's current condition, about her history with Matteo...and about Rafe. How great he had been. How he'd surprised Charlotte with the change that had become of him. 

When the two girls finally dozed off, it had to have been closer to early morning than it was to night. 

So, when something awoke Charlotte at early dawn, she could barely convince herself to open her eyes. 

And she didn't, not at first. 

For a few blissful moments, she had forgotten where she was, the only thing encompassing her mind was the fact that she had finally found a comfortable position in the plush bed.

But then, the noise that had awoken her became incessant, cracking her blissful facade.

Someone was tapping at the window. 

Finally, Charlotte's eyes cracked open, the bright sun leaking through the windows assaulted her vision for a moment as she sat up. As her eyes adjusted, she scanned the room, pinpointing the source of the noise. 

Her sister stood by the window, the same one they had watched the murder of Jimmy Portis through. 

She was trying to get someone's attention, quietly mouthing the same words over and over. 

"I need to talk to Mr. Singh. Mr. Singh."

"Kiara." Charlotte snapped, startling her younger sister. "What the hell are you doing?"

Kiara spun around, a finger flying to her lips, attempting to quiet her sister. But it was too late. 

Rafe sat up from his spot on the floor, his face still written with sleep as he regarded Kiara, "Answer your sister." He demanded, "What the hell are you doing?"

Kiara rolled her eyes, brushing past him as she made for the door, "Like I owe you an explanation."

Scrambling out of the bed, Charlotte followed after her sister, "You, uh, you kinda owe me one. Remember me, your sister?"

Pounding her hand against the door, Kiara gave Charlotte a quick glance, "Don't worry, Charlotte. I'm gonna get us out of here."

"And what about me?" Rafe wondered, stopping next to Charlotte. "You think you're gonna just sacrifice me here or something?"