▹ SEVEN ;

☆ ⁺ « 𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐃𝐎𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐉𝐔𝐈𝐂𝐄

★˚⋆ WITH THE ADDED BOOST OF THE mag belts, you made it back to the Passione's slot in record time. Narancia skidded to a halt in front of the ship and you hopped out, going to grab the ship's hooks to connect to the buggy. The side door opened as you hurried back inside, and Mista stretched out a hand to pull you in.

"Fugo told me about the terrible plan," he drawled. "Everything that can move has been secured, including Trish and Coco Jumbo, who are strapped within an inch of their lives."

"You should do the same," you said. You waited for some protestations, but this was your gunman you were talking about, and bad plans sang to his blood. Sure enough, he was all smiles as you went to the bridge, where Trish was indeed strapped in very securely at the comms station, Coco Jumbo along with her. Fugo had abandoned his station to sit in Narancia's chair instead.

"No point," he said when you looked at him askance, gesturing to the dark engineering console. "I turned off the ship's engines to keep them from getting more flacked. Any momentum we get is coming exclusively from the buggy."

[ WELCOME BACK, CAPTAIN. ]

You frowned at the turtle in Trish's lap as you strapped yourself in. "Thanks?"

[ IF YOU'D LIKE, I CAN PATCH YOU IN TO NARANCIA'S HOLOPAD. ]

"That's what comms are for." Trish frowned.

[ WHY WASTE THE EXTRA ENERGY? IT'S THE LEAST I CAN DO AND YOU'LL GET STELLAR QUALITY. ]

It was a little creepy that Coco Jumbo had managed to integrate itself into your crew's comm system without your asking, but that was a problem you could deal with later. Narancia's face projected itself from Coco Jumbo's key in, admittedly, much better quality than the holopads could ever. When he spoke, it was as though he was sitting in his chair on the bridge.

"Everything in order? I've got two GA's coming in hot, and the buggy is vibrating something awful." Narancia's face was lit green and blue by the buggy displays. The familiar lines at the corner of his mouth when he was behind any wheel made their appearance.

"Do you remember the way to Sale and Zucchero's?" Trish asked.

[ A MAP HAS BEEN SENT TO NARANCIA'S HOLOPAD, LOVE. ]

Trish made a face. "One, don't call me that. And two, don't call me that."

[ WHATEVER YOU SAY, LOVE. ]

"Please be gentle," said Fugo to Narancia. "One bump and the Passione's engines might go up in smoke."

"I am nothing if not a gentle driver," Narancia said smugly.

"And I'm the Crown Prince," mumbled Mista.

"Just go," you said.

It took a few tries, but with a groan from the ship and some imaginative expletives from your pilot, the buggy towed the ship along and gradually gained speed. By now the GA's must have realized there was little they could do to a moving ship and given up their chase. They might actually let you go.

"We're being hailed. Looks like it's Asswipe," Trish called.

Beyond the buggy, you could make out the Ferry's exit in the ship's main window. Stars, you might actually make it. Cockily, you said, "Put him on."

Abbacchio's coldly pretty face appeared as Trish swiped the call to the bridge's display. You smirked at the red brush imprints running down his left cheek.