▹ SIXTEEN ;

☆ ⁺ « 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐁𝐘 𝐍𝐎𝐖

★˚⋆ ASKING FOR THE MOST POPULAR drink at the Milk Tiger got you a tall, lurid blue glass. Just looking at it made your stomach clench. With how expensive it was, maybe you would have been better off getting a soda.

The bartending bot placed a cherry in the drink and a wedge of lime. It pushed the glass toward you, along with another drink that faded from sherbet yellow to sunset pink. It looked only marginally better than the radioactive blue, but that was quashed by its doubly expensive price. You genuinely hoped Zero wouldn't be on your crew's ass for a few drinks. At least this place was nicer than you'd expected. The bright drinks must have been making up for the low-key atmosphere and muted lighting and music. It was exactly the kind of a bar an old man would frequent.

"Where is that geezer?" Mista muttered. He had his body angled towards the entrance, eyeing every person who came in. "Don't tell me he bailed on us."

"He didn't seem like the type," JoJo said. From the simple certainty in his tone, you were inclined to believe him.

"Did you tell Narancia to meet us here?" Trish asked. "His appointment should be done by now, right?"

Fugo looked like he was only half-listening, scanning something on his holopad. "Why did he leave, again?"

"Pilot tweaks," you murmured. You took a drink from your drink and almost gagged on the sweetness. Pericolo's days were numbered if he was drinking this flack in his spare time.

Narancia ended up arriving before Pericolo did. He entered with his hand over his mouth, eyebrows drawn together. He searched the bar for a moment before he spotted the stall your crew was in, making a beeline toward it. You couldn't help but notice his red-rimmed eyes.

"Yo, how'd it go?" Mista said.

"Fine. There's no need to airlock me yet." Narancia's cheekiness sounded the slightest bit off, like the volume set to an odd number.

Fugo glanced at him as he sat down. "Are you sure? Once we get going, it's going to be a pain to have to have to stop for anything."

Narancia rolled his eyes. "I promise I'm fine. Where's Pericolo? What did he say?"

"Nothing yet. He wanted to meet here for privacy," Trish replied. "This Polnareff person must be a bigger deal than we thought."

[ I, FOR ONE, AM VERY EXCITED TO FINALLY FIND OUT HIS IDENTITY. ] Coco Jumbo piped up suddenly from someone's holopad. [ HE HAS TO BE EXCEPTIONALLY TALENTED TO HIDE FROM THE LIKES OF ME. ]

"We'll be lucky if Pericolo actually gives us Polnareff's location, though," you said. "I imagine this is the step where other thieving crews failed."

[ OTHER THIEVING CREWS DID NOT HAVE THE SMARTEST SUPERCOMPUTER IN THE GALAXY. ]

"Why don't you just shut the flack up," Narancia said. "You never tell us anything useful."

The crew paused. You imagined that if you could see Coco's expression, it would be spluttering in outrage.

[ WELL. I CAN LEAVE IF I'M NOT NEEDED. YOU KNOW HOW TO FIND ME. ]

"Do that. You don't do anything but piss us off."

That was mean. Especially for Narancia. You side-eyed him.

"I know it's a computer, but no need to be snappy," Trish murmured.