Believe

Yuki bristled when the courtyard doors opened. She was currently stuck trying to do the splits, and thankfully, she had found some better clothes to wear for training. She looked over at Shifu and the Five with widened eyes.

"What are you doing here?!" Shifu glared at her.

"G-Good morning, Master!" Yuki did an awkward bow from her position. Face flushing with embarrassment. "I thought I'd warm up a little."

"You're stuck." Shifu said, blankly.

"Stuck? I..yes, I'm stuck." Yuki looked away.

Shifu shot Tigress a glance. "Help her."

Tigress uncrossed her arms and made her way over to Yuki. She squatted down in front of her. "Wrap your arms around my neck."

Yuki felt her face heat up again as she complied. After her arms were around Tigress' neck, Tigress put her hands on Yuki's waist and lifted her up.

Yuki gasped quietly and looked into Tigress' green eyes. Tigress flicked an ear and glanced away nervously before settling the white tigress down.

"Th-Thank you." Yuki stepped away.

Tigress simply went back to Shifu who put his hands behind his back. He raised a brow at Yuki.

"You actually thought you could learn to do a full split in one night?" He leaned down and grabbed two discs, throwing them swiftly into the air. "It takes years to develop one's flexibility!"

Tigress crouched down, ready to pounce, and as soon as Shifu snapped his fingers she leapt.

"And years longer to apply it in combat!"

Yuki watched in awe as Tigress did the splits mid-air and shattered the discs.

"Whoa.." Her fur fluffed up slightly. Tigress glanced at her with a small scoff before going back to Shifu.

Yuki didn't even flinch when the debris from the discs fell down onto her.

Shifu grinned, "Let's get started."

Yuki successfully got her butt kicked by the Five. Viper being the kindest of the lot.

Yuki's last opponent was Shifu himself. He ended up lifting her up off the ground and swinging her around like a ragdoll.

"The true path to victory is to find your opponent's weakness..and make her suffer for it." He pinned Yuki to the ground. "To take her strength," he grabbed her tail and swung her around, "and use it against her.." he slammed her to the ground once more.

A small groan escaped Yuki's mouth and blood had started welling up on her cheek.

Tigress leapt in and blocked Shifu's next attack. "Enough! She is beaten."

Shifu seethed with rage but backed down. "Since you seem to care so much, Master Tigress, you may see to her wounds." He turned and stalked off.

Tigress turned and looked down at the white tigress. She refused to meet her gaze.

"Come on." She leaned down and held a paw out to Yuki.

Yuki glanced at it, unsure. With a sigh, Tigress reached down and grabbed her arm. She swiftly pulled the other tigress to her feet.

Tigress led Yuki back to her own room. "Sit." She motioned to a mat.

Yuki hesitantly sat down and glanced around the room. It was pretty bare. Tigress began digging through some medical supplies.

"After I bandage your wounds, I'll have Mantis do some acupuncture on you."

"I'm fine, really. I'll just sleep it off."

Tigress shot Yuki a glare. The white tigress looked away nervously.

"Or not."

Tigress kneeled down, "This will sting." She began dabbing at the cuts on Yuki's face.

Yuki winced and tried to pull away, but Tigress grabbed her shirt to keep her from moving.

"Hold still."

Yuki flattened her ears, "Has..Has Shifu always been so..cold?"

Tigress paused, thinking. "No." She finally said. "From what I've heard, he changed after everything went down with Tai Lung."

"The crazy snow leopard that's in prison?" Yuki glanced at Tigress' face.

Tigress made eye contact with her before looking back at what she was doing.

"Shifu found Tai Lung as a cub, and he raised him as his son. And when the boy showed talent in kung fu, Shifu trained him. He believed in him. He told him he was destined for greatness. It was never enough for Tai Lung." Tigress paused and stared at the floor.

"He wanted the Dragon Scroll." She continued. "But Oogway saw darkness in his heart and refused. Outraged, Tai Lung laid waste to the valley. He tried to take the scroll by force, and Shifu had to destroy what he had created." Tigress shook her head.

"But how could he? Shifu loved Tai Lung like he had never loved anyone before. Or since.."

Yuki sensed great sadness in Tigress' voice. She raised her paw to comfort her but it was smacked away.

"And now he has a chance to make things right. To train the true Dragon Warrior, and he's stuck with you." Her green eyes glared at Yuki. "A soft, weak, furball."

Yuki flinched back at her words. She could feel tears forming in her eyes.

"Well I'm s-sorry that I have ruined everyone's lives." She rose and left Tigress' room, and instead of going to her own room, she went outside. Before she got out of earshot, she heard Viper scolding Tigress.

They must've all been listening..

Yuki headed off towards the ledge with the peach tree. She needed to clear her head. She sighed heavily and looked at her paws.

Why can't I do it?

Voices in the distance made her stop. She glanced around and pricked her ears.

"Tai Lung has escaped and he's on his way here!"

Yuki's eyes went wide. "Tai Lung? Oh, no.. No, no." She shook her head. "I'm not ready.."

"The white tigress? Master, that tigress is not the Dragon Warrior. She wasn't even meant to be here! It was an accident."

Yuki scoffed and frowned.

"There are no accidents."

Yuki shook her head and turned. She decided to go back to the training grounds.

Yuki paused when she got there, hand on the door, when a warm breeze blew through. Small, pink petals flowed around Yuki. Enveloping her.

"You must believe.." a small voice whispered.

Yuki's eyes widened as she looked around. "Master Oogway?" She watched the petals disappear into the sky.

"Believe.."