14- Welcoming talons

Winter slowly walked toward the approaching dragons as they landed, they were get colorful. Half of the dragons had 4 wings, while the other half had lead like wings. There were two with four wings that looked very different from the rest.

Winter greeted them "Hello, may I ask who your queen and or queens are?" A small green dragon with two lead like wings stepped forward and nervously said "I- I am queen Hazel of the Leafwings, and we have come here to escape a threat that has taken our kingdoms, these are the silkwings, and those two are hivewings. May I ask to speak to your queen, please?"

Winter looked at Hazel and bowed as he said "We have no Queen, it is a long tragic story. But I am the king, but please call me Winter." Hazel was clearly unprepared and clearly wanted time before she talked to the leader as she said "Um... can our tribes stay here until we can return or find a better place to live?"

Winter looked at Qibli and he nodded, Winter smiled and said "Very well, your tribes may stay here, we'll get in contact with the other tribes soon to see if they can help you." Hazel seemed more confident as Winter lead the tribes to a place where they could live for now.

(Time skip)

Winter sat in his meeting room with Hazel and Qibli, "Now tell us Hazel, what was this threat to your tribe?" Hazel sank back in he chair as she told Winter and Qibli about the breath of evil, Winter was shocked that something like this could exist.

As Hazel finished her story about the breath of evil and Queen Wasp she then asked "Um... Sorry if it's a bad topic but... how did you end up with a King instead of a Queen?" Winter looked down sadly as he started the story "Not to long ago a evil was released, it was called Darkstalker, Darkstalker used animus magic to control and manipulate dragons. Darkstalker had a unjust hatred for Icewings, and he used his animus magic to enchant the entire tribe to slowly die," Hazel seemed a bit shocked by this as Winter continued, "But unlucky for him, we had a smart dragon on our side," Winter glanced at Qibli as he continued, "Qibli had made earrings that could block animus magic by Darkstalker, but sadly it was to late, all of my family had died, I was the last royal Icewing."

Hazel seemed a bit shocked by all this information as she said "What happened to Darkstalker?" Winter quickly told her about how Darkstalker was defeated. Hazel then thought for a second as she said "Could one of these animus dragons help us get rid of the breath of evil?" Winter hesitated for a moment, he had no way in what any of them did, maybe Turtle would do it but maybe isn't a yes. Winter simply said "I don't know, maybe, but I am not sure, I'll have to ask." Winter, Qibli and Hazel went to their rooms, Qibli cuddled up to Winter, his warmth was very comforting in these strange times.

(Animus magic was never destroyed because Jerboa didn't feel like she should get rid of it because it was the only reason any Icewings survived.)