Favoritism! (Featuring Gizmo) ❤︎

It was just another regular Tuesday morning, you were relaxing with Sal and just enjoying each other's presence. The silence however was interrupted by a sudden meow. You lazily lifted up your head and when you spotted the culprit, your eyes lit up. "Gizmo!" You said happily as he jumped into your arms.

He nuzzled into your embrace and rested on your lap as you pet him. You could see Sal looking at you with a look of jealously. You felt a smirk rise on your face, "What? Jealous?" You thought it would be fun to mess around with him for a bit.

"It's not fair y/n! I feed him, make sure he has water to drink, provide him with toys and gifts, give him my love and devotion, and yet he still chooses you over me!" Sal expressed with exaggerated hand movements.

You couldn't help but laugh, "Sorry Sal, I guess he just prefers me."

"No! I cannot accept this fate! Y/n, I propose we do a challenge to see who Gizmo truly prefers!" Sal stood up and pointed at you, showing he was dead serious. You sighed but agreed, finding the whole thing amusing. You carefully put Gizmo in the middle of the room and stood to where Sal was. You and Sal were spaced out to where wherever Gizmo went, it would confirm who he would rather go to first.

You looked to Sal and confirmed the challenged will start now. You both begin to call out to Gizmo, trying to use different tactics to get him to choose. He looked towards you both and began approaching closer, which only caused the yelling to increase. When it got to the point where he could choose, he slowly made his way to you. You happily called out to him as Sal was trying his best to get Gizmo to get closer to him. When he was in your arms you cuddled him close, showering him with your love.

Sal was now lying on his back, fake sobbing as he spoke. "Gizmoooo, why have you done this to meeeeeee? Why have you forsaken me?"

(And Sal never got over this incident, he still holds a grudge against you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)