Chapter 2

A/N: I know it hasn't even been a day since I posted chapter 1 but I can't help myself when I'm excited 😅

Fun Fact: The reader's sexual orientation is not defined, not least because it wasn't a very talked about thing at the time the story takes place, but she is definitely not straight.

You couldn't help but be confused, when Ivy parked the car and you found yourself in front of a cafe called 'Little Daisy'.

You looked around to see if you could locate the Lackadaisy, but only saw an almost empty street, illuminated by the moonlight, but even more so by street lamps.

"Where is this place?" You asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Don't be so hasty, soon you'll understand everything." She replied, gesturing with her hand for you to follow her.

The two of you entered the cafe and she led you to what looked like a secret door, hidden by a red curtain.

She opened the door, waiting for you to enter. However, you were frozen in place, perhaps from nervousness. You felt like your heart was going to jump out of your mouth.

"There's no danger." She assured you, resting her hand on your shoulder. "You can enter."

You took a deep breath to try to calm your nerves at least a little and took the first step inside, starting down the stairs.

You didn't understand why a bar had to be in such a secret place, but you decided not to ask any more questions. Halfway up the stairs, you managed to see an elegantly dressed gray and burly cat, who you deduced was the doorman of the place.

"Hello, Horatio." Ivy greeted him with a wave. So that was his name.

"Ivy." He greeted her back, soon shifting his attention to you. "Oh, so this lovely young lady is your friend?"

"I appreciate the compliment, sir." You thanked him before extending your hand. "Nice to meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine, miss." He said, gently taking her hand and giving it a kiss.

Soon after, he opened the door for you two to pass.

"Welcome."

"Thank you again." You said, before walking in along with your best friend.

You gaped, being surprised and delighted at the same time, to observe how beautiful that place was. It seemed an unreal place, like the places narrated in soap operas that you listened to on the radio with your mother.

Your admiration was short-lived, Ivy took you by the hand and led you to where the bar owner was, surrounded by some gentlemen.

You became dazzled as soon as you saw the owner of the place. She was such a beautiful woman, even more so than Ivy had told you.

"Ivy, honey, you really managed to bring her in." She overjoyed, smiling as she walked towards you.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Mitzi." You said, as she greeted you with two kisses on the cheeks.

"Welcome to my establishment, sweetheart." She said, in an affable tone of voice. "Ivy has told me so much about you, I was quite curious to know if you are really as good a singer as she told me."

"Maybe she overreacted a bit." You said between nervous chuckles, turning to talk to her, but you felt every hair on your tail stand on end when you didn't see her where she was the last time you saw her.

As welcoming and nice as the people in that bar were, Ivy was the only friendly face you knew there.

"Wait, where's Ivy?" You asked, looking from side to side to see if you spotted her again.