Chapter 9

A/N: Hey guys! When I saw it, this story is almost 2K of views in that little time? I couldn't do it without you guys. Thank you, I mean it <3

Even though your heart sank when you saw him, you pretended everything was fine and smiled when Ms. Mitzi approached to greet you, with remarkable joy.

"My dear, how nice to see you here again." She said in an affable tone as she hugged you, this time not giving you two pecks on the cheeks for remembering what happened the last time she did that. "Are you okay? I saw you leaving crying the other day."

"I'm feeling better than I was feeling that day." You answered clearly, taking her hands in yours. "These days I've been..." You stopped suddenly, seeing him approach you two.

Seeing him there, Miss Mitzi soon tried to let you two talk alone.

"Oh, I need to go check on the drinks, honey, but I'll be right back." She said hurriedly, not even leaving you time to protest against that.

"Er... Hi." He greeted you shyly.

"Good evening, Mr. Rickaby." You formally greeted him. "How are you?"

"I'm doing great." He replied. "But what about you? I saw you leave the bar very shaken up a few days ago."

"I won't deny that having my heart broken by you caused me sadness." You admitted. "But luckily, I have the right people on my side and I got through it all." You said, looking fondly at Ivy and Calvin, who were talking. "I don't know what would become of me if it weren't for them."

"Oh." He said, not knowing how to react after knowing you weren't hurting for his love.

From afar, you could see the musicians taking the stage.

"Oh, it's my cue." You said, leaving him alone and running towards the stage.

Zib quickly offered to help you up on stage.

He seemed a little put out by you at first, but like everyone else, he came to appreciate your presence there.

"Thank you." You thanked him. "Oh, can you guys play 'Two Faces One Heart'?" You asked.

"If we can." He winked at you and started playing the beginning of the song's melody on his saxophone. Gradually the other musicians joined him and began to play together.

You went to the microphone and started singing, taking it off the stand so you could walk without any problems, walking up to the musicians in the band and interacting with them, touching their chests and cupping their chins, who flirted back at you, giving winks and passionate glances.

The song ended and you received a round of applause.

You could see Rocky watching along with your best friends, who applauded and blew kisses at you. It was almost noticeable in the expression on his face that he was very annoyed that you were paying so much attention to other men.

You couldn't deny it, you liked the feeling of making him jealous more than you probably should. 

Suddenly, you were taken aback by Zib's approach, daring to hold your chin like you did to some of them.

"Wouldn't you like to sit at the bar and have a little chat, baby doll?" He asked, in a tone of voice that made all your tail hairs stand on end.

"Maybe after a few songs, Mr. Zibowski." You said in an equally teasing tone and pulled him close by his tie, almost touching your lips on his, but you pulled away before it happened.

"Heh, I'll remind you of that, okay?' He said.

He didn't forget your promise and you didn't care a bit about it, you thought he was very handsome.

"So does that mean you don't drink?" he asked, swirling a full glass of whiskey in his hand before taking a sip.

"I tasted a few sips when I was a kid." You confessed. "I don't have good memories of it."

"Maybe it was because you were a small child." He said, pushing the glass towards you. "Try it now."

A little hesitant, you picked up the glass and took a sip. You immediately put the glass back on the table and pretended you liked it.

"Hmmm, it's... Different." You said.

"It's okay babe, you don't have to pretend you like it." He said between laughs.

"Oof good, that was one of the worst experiences of my life." You complained. "How can anyone drink this and think it's good?"

"Some people just don't tend to like it." He said.

"How long have you been playing here?" You asked.

"From when Lackadaisy was born, when Atlas May was still alive." He explained, as you listened to each word with curiosity. "This place used to be full every night, but since Atlas died, it just hasn't been the same."

"And why did that happen?" You asked.

"I don't know." He replied. "Mitzi is trying to run the bar as best she can."

"I think she does a good job, I don't know why people don't come more just because the original owner passed away." You argued.

"Things aren't that simple, baby doll." He said, standing up and moving closer to you, wrapping his arm around your waist. "But enough about that for now, do you want to get out of here for a bit?"

You confirmed the question with a nod. He grinned and motioned for you to follow him.

However, before the two of you arrived, you were stopped by Rocky.

"Let me talk to her." Rocky said with a huge smile on his lips. If looks could kill, Zib would be dead by now.

"She'll only talk to you if she wants to." He said.

"It's alright, let him talk to me." You said, resting your hand on his shoulder. "Wait for me, okay?"

"Okay." He winked at you and went elsewhere, to leave the two of you alone to talk.

"Okay, what do you want to talk to me about?" You asked, demonstrating how impatient you were with him for messing up your plans.

"What do you think you're doing?" He asked, sounding indignant.

"The same thing you asked me to do when you dumped me: Forgetting you." You answered bluntly. "After all, why does it bother you so much? Isn't that what you wanted?"

"No, it wasn't." he said, surprising you when he walked over and wrapped his arms around your waist. "I love you, I can't forget you."

He pressed his lips against yours and kissed you. You couldn't resist and kissed him back, wrapping your arms around his neck.