Chapter 7

"Is she ready yet?" Freckle asked, as Ivy pressed the doorbell of your front door.

"She was never late for any of the times we went out together, probably not." Ivy answered.

When you heard the doorbell, you gave your hair one last fix before going to answer the door.

The day they went to your house and had lunch with you, they said they were going to the amusement park on the pier, which was in town for a week, and they invited you to go with them.

You denied it at first, as you didn't want to get in the way in any way if they wanted to have some romantic moments alone, but they insisted so much that you go, that you ended up accepting.

It had been a long time since you've been to an amusement park, you decided to go and enjoy life the best way you could.

You couldn't help but blush at the dazzled looks on their faces when they finally saw you.

"How I am?" You asked, turning around so they could see how full you looked.

"Makes me want to kiss you again." Ivy said, which made both Calvin and you look at her in astonishment. "Just kidding, you had to see your faces!" She changed her tone and started laughing, just after you two started laughing softly with her.

"You guys look beautiful too." You smiled, also admiring how well they looked in those clothes. "Well, what are we waiting for?"

"Nothing!" Ivy exclaimed happily, walking over to you and interwining her right arm with yours.

She walked over to Calvin and interwined her left arm with his before the three of you walked together to the park.

Being in a place like that immediately seemed to lift one's spirits, people seemed happier as they played like they were kids again.

The calm and peaceful night and the sky full of stars only made th environment better.

"Which ride are we going on first?" Ivy asked.

"Before we decide that, we'd better buy our tickets." Freckle suggested, pointing to the ticket booth.

"I want to go on all of them!" You exclaimed, the ferris wheel being what had caught your attention the most.

After buying tickets, the three of you tried to come to a consensus on which ride to go first.

"Can we go on the ferris wheel first?" You asked, following your gaze as it climbed. "The view from up there must be more than incredible."

They looked at each other and nodded, even though Calvin was afraid of heights. After everything you'd been through that week, you deserved it.

"No problem, cutie, I'll hold your hand if you're too scared." Ivy said, holding out her hand for him to take.

He smiled and took her hand.

You watched them affectionately. Someday you wanted to have a relationship like theirs, if you'd ever find a man wothy of your love. 

"Don't forget you can't get up." The ferris wheel operator called after the three of you sat down in one of the seats.

"Aw." You lamented. "Why?"

"To not risk any of you falling down, getting hurt and wanting to sue the park." He explained in a monotone voice. "Have fun!"

He pulled the lever and the ferris wheel began to rise, slowly at first, but gradually it accelerated.

While Ivy and you were anxious to see what the view was like from up there, Cal had one hand holding Ivy's while the other was covering his own eyes.

As you'd expect, the view was amazing, you could see everything else in the park down below and you could even see across the river.