Chapter 3

"What's your name, voice of angel?" He asked. He seemed like someone who wasted no time.

You felt like covering your face and doing little jumps. No man had ever called you something so beautiful, let alone one as attractive as him.

You introduced yourself, telling him your name.

"I'm Roark." He also introduced himself to you. "But you can just call me Rocky, or the love of your life."

"Oh, what a cheeky young man you are, we barely know each other." You said between laughs, twirling a lock of your hair around your index finger. "Is that what you tell everyone?"

"Depends, did you like it?" He joked.

You burst out laughing, he was so charming.

Before you started talking again, you were  interrupted by more applause and requests for you to sing one more song.

"I think I better go back to the piano." You said. "My audience is calling me."

He dared to take her hand in his and gave it a kiss, making you feel the butterflies in your stomach flutter.

"You can go." He muttered. "I'm not going anywhere."

You smiled at him and tucked the rose he gave you behind your right ear, before getting up and going back to sit on the piano seat.

This time, you played and sang a song that was more happy and upbeat, just like you were feeling at that moment.

"Is she really going to take our place today?" Zib protested with Mitzi.

"Yes." She answered bluntly. "Maybe that way you'll learn to get here on time."

He snorted and lit another cigarette, resigning himself. He had a feeling she would bitch about that delay with them forever.

After playing and singing two more songs, you had to stop, consequently your throat starting to feel dry and your fingers started to getting tired.

"My dears, I must inform you that I'm going to rest my voice for a while." You announced, which made everyone wail. "But don't be sad, in a little while I'll sing again, if the owner allows me."

Rocky offered to help you get off the stage, which you didn't need, but accepted so he could hold your hand again.

"Would you mind if I kept you company?" He asked.

"No way." You replied, as you walked to the bar.

You were surprised to see Viktor behind the counter. Ivy had already told you he worked at Lackadaisy, but you never guessed he was the bartender there.

"Victor!" You greeted him with a smile.

He turned and when he saw it was you, he smiled.

"Hello, darling."

"Ohhh I didn't knew you were able to smile!" Rocky mocked  in an exaggerated tone of voice, which made his smile disappear.

"The only thing keeping me from wiping that idiotic grin off your face is the girl's presence." He said rudely. "So? Which drink would you like?"

"No thank you, I don't drink." You politely declined. "But a glass of water to get rid of this dryness in my throat, I'll take it."

He nodded and turned to take what you ordered.

"So you don't drink?" Rocky asked, to start another topic with you.

"No." You denied. "I don't drink and never have..."