episode 02: this is crazy

lee chan was in quite a predicament. he was currently lying down in one of the beds at the school infirmary, observing the cracks on the ceilings and the slight worn out  white paint which is starting to chip off, he could hear the background noise of students rushing home, chattering with their friends about their day and what they were going to do later, chan would have been one of those students if not for the troubling discovery he was found.

apparently the janitor found him throwing up behind the bush and literally carried his pathetic self to the infirmary where he was made to lie down, chan doesn't know how long he's been in here but he can tell his presence was a disturbance for the school nurse who just wanted to go home quickly.

'oh chan you're awake!' a familiar voice approached him, he was none other than kim samuel. he was still in his uniform without the blazer and loosen his collar. his bangs just fell barely above his eyes and he seemed quite relieved that chan was doing alright. samuel also seemed to be carrying chan's bag with him, probably to drop it off after hearing how he was caught yakking in a bush. 

oh also did chan forget to mention, that he had a tiny crush kim samuel and was totally not checking out how hot he looks but that isn't important right now.

'what would i do without you' said chan as he sat up and took his bag from samuel's extended hand. 'are you alright now? maybe you should lie down for a bit more' he said as he held chan's hand looking at him with worry, chan was on the verge of combustion, he was not god's strongest soldier. he quickly nodded no and got up, he stumbled a bit but smiled it off to samuel who was quite ready to push him back into bed (ofc chan would let him do anything he wants)

'ah finally! alrighty get going soon kids i need to leave' said the nurse who chan finally had a good look at, maybe he should have listened to samuel and slept more cause he really wanted to faint again. 

the man in front of him was yoon jeonghan, from the game he was supposed reincarnated in. he was a supporting character, giving the main character advice and comfort at times, basically a very handsome older brother figure who was currently glaring at him to leave. 'what's wrong with him now?' jeonghan asked looking at chan's bewildered expression.chan opened his mouth to speak but no words came out, he resembled a blubbering fish which was taken out of water. samuel was confused too but decided to just drag him along for now, not forgetting to bid his goodbyes to the nurse as they left.

so chan really was in a BL harem game. he hoped maybe this was all some fever dream he had but after seeing the appearance of a game characters he loved, talking to him like an actual living person confirmed his suspicions. he had to discreetly pinch his cheeks just to make sure he was hallucinating. 

he was now walking home with a extremely pained red cheek while being dragged by his friend/crush.

he didn't remember about how he walked out of school being too dazed to register anything until samuel asked to stop near a vending machine. something which chan agreed to, he sat on one of the benches nearby and decided to wait. he gazed at the sky which had turned into orange with specks of gold dancing in the air, it seemed quite real to him yet he still can't shake off the uneasy feeling he felt.

the game which chan is in was called 'tough love' ( it had a longer title but was shorten) it depicted the story of how lee jihoon dealt with the four notorious delinquents who some how fell in love with him and his one of a kind personality . this game gained popularity quickly and was spoken by the entire female population in the school chan attended in his previous life. they did do a good job hyping it up cause it was the first BL game chan bought. he remembers playing it everyday when he came back from school. it had beautiful visuals, lovely characters and all but that was not why chan played it everyday, wait why did chan play it everyday—

'holy shit!' chan exclaimed at the cold sensation he felt from the side of his neck, he turned to see samuel smiling while he passed him a cola can he used to frighten his friend. 'thanks' said chan as he rolled his eyes but was still happy he got a drink. a loud clink was heard when he opened the can and drank the juice 'ah that was refreshing'.

'feeling better?' asked samuel as he watched chan gulp down his drink. 'yep! way better' he replied happily, chan loved being with samuel he made him forget about everything and just enjoy the present with him, just little moments with him made it worth everything.

'you were really quiet today, i guess our cafeteria food did a number on you' said samuel chuckling while chan followed weakly, he couldn't possibly tell samuel this truth.

'don't eat anything  bad for lunch again alright? i need to go now cause my bus will be arriving soon, do you think you can make it back home safe?' samuel and his considerate self was enough to lift chan off the ground. 'hey! i'm not a kid i'll be fine!' said chan to ease his friends worries. samuel laughed and waved goodbye as he walked towards the bus stop.

chan got up and walked in a different direction, to his home. 

maybe this isn't the end of the world, living in a game because there was nothing out of the ordinary here, he lived his life well, made good friends and has a great family. he should just accept it as it is and move on, he wasn't a main character just a background character who was mentioned once or twice that's about it. nothing would happen to his ordinary life.

with a skip in his step, he walked home in a better mood. now that the initial shock had worn off  it is crazy that he was in an actual game he played. this is not a everyday thing  maybe he could brag about later in life probably when he was old so people would pass him off as delusional.

maybe things will be alright.

oh how wrong chan was but let's not ruin his bubble of excitement for now.

NOTES!

i was thinking of updating every monday and friday, let's see how well i can hold up to that.

also renee who proofreads and also is unfortunately friends with me said you guys should be paying her for the chapters (pls don't indulge her and her growing ego).