episode 10: are we finally getting some action?

TW: violence and mentions of blood

the next three weeks passed by in a flash, well it would seem like a flash if chan wasn't fearing for his life every single day. being seat mates with hansol was not fun, he wouldn't even pray it upon his worst enemies for this situation. it would have been fine if hansol just minded his own business and just do whatever delinquents do (like bully kids out of money, chan's pockets were ready to be looted okay) but he would strike up a conversation, very randomly about the most random things.

why would someone ask you if the sky was just a colour changing sheet that someone pours water on to change it to day or night during a math class. chan's pencil (which was one of hansol's traumatised victims) fell to the ground when chan heard the statement from his seat mate. but very unfortunately he had a point and chan ended up spending the rest of the period questioning whatever he knew. hansol as his seat mate was very confusing, his questions would wary from one thing to another to the point chan couldn't even predict his next move.

chan needed a long break, maybe at a beach side hotel. just sun bathing in the warm sands and glittering ocean waves, with a cup of his favourite apple juice and the peace he truly deserved. he would bring along samuel with him (cause seungkwan would ruin his peace at some point and totally not cause of his mega crush on samuel ) and they both would be laughing, playing in the sand, eating grilled meat and stargazing until their hearts content. then when the mood is so perfectly romantic chan would bring up the famous question of 'would you be my boyfriend' and samuel would say yes and they would hold hands and fly across the star speckled sky in utter joy—

chan got smacked on his head by his math teacher's ruler for daydreaming in class. and was even told to learn from hansol as he was doing a better job of paying attention than chan could ever.

yeah as chan had said, he needed a long break.

thankfully things were going well on soonyoung's side. he and jihoon were partners for their biology final. they would meet up every now and then to work on the project and safe to assume the group chat would be filled to the brim about their interactions. just jihoon buying a drink for soonyoung made him swoon, should chan be concerned on how low the standards are or is soonyoung just down that bad? 

anyways chan decided to keep his shortcomings to the side for now, at least he was winning at something.

today was one of the days soonyoung had to meet up with jihoon for the project and junhui reluctantly couldn't join them today as he had to deal with his sorry excuse of a project partner. chan planned to just go home with seungkwan and samuel but before he could ask, seungkwan dragged away samuel saying he had to talk something of much importance that chan's feeble minded couldn't comprehend. chan knew for a fact seungkwan didn't know the meaning of half of the bullshit he said and just watched them run away. 

that's how we found himself walking home with minghao today. chan honestly loved minghao, he was so sassy and witty he found a special place in chan's washed out heart. if he wanted another big brother in his life, it would be him. chan had solely devoted himself into being a little fanboy to minghao and minghao graciously accepted his admiration. if only characters like this gang were in the game, it would give it the flavour it was dearly missing.

chan and minghao were in the shopping district, making their way to the bookstore so they would gloat about all the cool comics they brought while their friends suffered (jun mostly, soonyoung was in heaven) when they heard a ruckus coming from an alleyway.

now the most reasonable course of action was to walk away after all weird noises + dark alleyway where no one was there = unnecessary pain and drama. if only chan didn't notice the bag thrown to the side of the sorry street. it was a regular plain black bag but what caught his eye was the green turtle keychain on it. the same keychain hansol had shown him in one of their weird conversations. minghao noticed chan's abrupt stop and turned to see what he was looking at.