Chapter 1- Dean's POV

"DEAN!" Dean jerked awake, and his head banged into the roof of the Impala. He hissed a cuss word and rubbed the aching spot on his head. "Last time I let you drive. What was that for?"

"We're here," Sam said. He tossed the crumpled map on his legs over to Dean and jabbed a finger at the location. They'd arrived at the outskirts of the city. "You coulda woke me up without screaming though," Dean mumbled. "I tried to but you wouldn't budge," Sam protested with a smirk. Dean groaned.

"Remind me again why we're doing this?" Sam shoved Dean's shoulder, "We just left Vegas, what more do you want? Besides, even though we don't get paid, we still have a job." Dean rolled his eyes and threw his hands up in mock surrender. "Okay, whatever. But I'm just saying, this thing... I just don't get what it is exactly that has to do with us."

"What? A 40's British phone box popping up throughout time in random locations, especially major events in history, isn't weird enough for you? The real question is why have we not checked this out yet?" Dean hated being proved wrong, so as soon as he realized it, he tried to change the subject.

"Alright, alright, keep your wig on, Sammy. And where's Cas? If we're checking this case out, it sounds like something he'd wanna know. I'm guessing I was asleep long enough that he should be here by now."

"I am," a low voice said from the backseat. Both Winchesters jumped. Rubber tires squealed and the cars around them slammed their horns. Sam caught the steering wheel and jerked the car back into their lane before they swerved into the car beside them. "Son of a- make some noise or something when you pop in Cas! You nearly made Sasquatch over here wreck baby," Dean yelled, glaring at both of them.

Cas rolled his eyes. "So what about this case you're working? Have you found out anything about the blue box?" Dean poked his head behind his seat. "Wait, you know about the box?" Cas looked uneasy, "I'm surprised you two knew before I came to ask it as a favor."

He paused and then continued, "It's actually fortunate that you noticed its reoccurrence at several important historical milestones. Heaven is speculating that it is supernatural and may in someway have caused both history's greatest disasters as well as achievements. Eyes on the road, Sam." The boys had been staring back in surprise at the angel.

"What is it, Cas?" Sam asked. "The angels think it's power source may be angel grace. It's able to instantaneously transport from one place and time to another. And they think it may be bigger on the inside than appears on the outside, like the full power of an angel fitting in a tiny human vessel. But we don't know who could have been able to steal an angel's grace and concentrate its power into a machine. Whoever it is, that kind of power is dangerous in the wrong hands so they wanted the best hunters in the world on the case."

Dean hardly heard the compliment. "So those winged-monkeys put you up to this," Dean said harshly. Cas glared at Dean through his usual squinted expression. "Well you actually owe this winged-monkey a thank you," Dean's face turned apologetic but Cas wasn't finished, "they wanted to come down and force you to find this guy for them. But I stuck up for you. I was barely able to convince my brothers to let me try asking nicely." Dean would have said sorry but he felt like Cas didn't really want to hear him at the moment.

"Dean didn't mean it like that, Cas. You're our friend, and we would have helped if we hadn't already been doing that. And thanks for sticking up for us," Sam said. Yeah, Dean thought, no need to get your feathers ruffled. "Of course, Sam. Since this box can travel anywhere at anytime, how did you know it was going to be here?"

"Well I noticed it in the background of a modern-day photo, and it looked out of place and time so I did some research and saw it in a ton of other random places," Sam said. "So once I figured out it could be worth looking into, I asked Bobby to spread the word around to other hunters. And as luck had it, someone told Bobby they had seen it here. Figured the lead was as close of a place to start as we might get."

"Uh, guys," Dean interrupted, "I guessed you figure right 'cause look." Dean had pointed out a faint blob of blue ahead, and as they drove closer, his suspicions proved correct. Behind a fancy restaurant sat a blue 1940's police box.