Chapter 3-The Doctor's POV

And here comes the interesting part, he thought. "Oi! I don't do guns!" The second tallest man with the lightest hair and a leather jacket took a few steps closer to them. "Sucks for you then," he said, "because we do guns whether you like it or not, pal."

The Doctor felt Clara tug his sleeve. "Doctor, who are these guys?" He turned to look in her eyes, only for a moment before facing the American men again. "I don't know yet, Clara, but for now I think we should do what they want," The Doctor said slowly.

The really tall bloke, the one with long brown hair and a flannel jacket spoke up. "Yeah, you're right about that. Let's start with you telling us who you are." The Doctor gave a small grin and opened his mouth to answer, until he felt a small hand cover it. He looked over in confusion at Clara.

"Sure, as soon as you put those guns away and explain to us who you are, and what exactly is going on," Clara demanded. The leather jacket guy snickered. "Nice try, sweetheart. I'm impressed you got guts, but we're the ones with leverage here," he said and showed off his gun. Clara dropped her hand off The Doctor's mouth, but kept talking.

"Look, we don't know what you want or whose side you're on. But we're not afraid of you. Whatever you want us for you need us alive. So start explaining," Clara said keeping her voice steady. She looked over at The Doctor who broke his tough expression to send a proud smile at her.

The third man, who had dark hair and a trench coat, moved and spoke for the first time. "The girl's human. But even I can't tell what the other one is." The Doctor intensified his glare at the man, trying to guess what kind of being he was. Clara apparently wasn't okay with just guessing.

"How could you tell that? What are you?," she demanded. "I'm an Angel of the Lord," he replied in a gruff voice without hesitation. Not possible, The Doctor thought. "What?"

"Yeah you heard him right," the tallest man said, "he's an angel. But I bet you're boyfriend here isn't that surprised. Considering that box of his is fueled by angel grace." A wave of silence fell over them. The Doctor, of course, was the one to speak up and break the silence.

"Just as I suspected, gentlemen. This whole problem has been a misunderstand-ing. If you would like to step inside my box to see for yourselves, by all means." He walked slowly towards the box keeping his hands up. When he reached the door he lowered one one hand but kept the other up.

The men kept their guns pointed at him as The Doctor quickly slipped the TARDIS key out of his pocket. He held out the key to prove it wasn't like he was grabbing a weapon, before he used it to swing the doors open. "Sam, keep an eye on them," the man in the leather jacket said. The man with the long brown hair nodded. Sam, that was the tall man's name, The Doctor noted as the other two men approached the TARDIS.

"Woah," Leather-Jacket said. Here it comes, The Doctor thought, the old 'bigger on the inside remark'. Or 'smaller on the outside' if you're unique like Clara. "I guess you were right about the bigger-on-the-inside-thing, Cas." Oh they already know about that, The Doctor thought. Who are these people?

Cas, apparently the angel, didn't reply. Instead he stepped into the TARDIS and walked up to the console. "Oi, be careful with her though," The Doctor called behind. Either he didn't hear or ignored him. He circled the console studying the center, until he started down the staircase to the area under the console room.

"No wait, maybe you shouldn't-and he is," The Doctor said before he ran into the TARDIS after him. The man whose name had not yet been mentioned in front of him shouted and ran after them. "Clara, Sam, stay there!" The Doctor shouted as he grabbed the stairwell rail and used it to swing his body around the corner and down the first few steps.

But by the time they reached Cas it was too late. He had cracked open one of the floor panels and was staring into the heart of the TARDIS and at glimpses of the time vortex. Looking at that drove some timelords mad, and would kill an ordinary man. And he was studying it like the view out a car window.

The men had called him some kind of angel, but of course The Doctor didn't actually believe it was possible till now. Now he felt he'd seen everything. The Doctor was jerked out his thinking by the pounding of Leather-Jacket's footsteps down the metal steps.

"No! Don't come down here," The Doctor shouted, "your friend's looking into the heart of the TARDIS, a sight that would kill or drive you mad." He footsteps stopped. "Dean he's right. I'm an angel; that's the only reason I'm surviving this. But I needed to see to be sure. I don't know how else a machine with this kind of power could be possible, but this isn't angel grace."

Dean, The Doctor thought, Sam, Cas, and Dean...Who? Focus, Doctor. "What?" the man-Dean shouted down the stairs. But instead of answering, Cas simply closed the panel in the floor and disappeared. The Doctor swore he heard the faint sound of flapping wings.