Chapter 5

''Come at me, Van. Because I am not afraid of you.''

Was she serious? Van couldn't believe that Wonjeong took over the initiative to challenge him. He only remembered her fake self where she gained his trust. She boldly used his broken self and made him believe whatever she told him, that he could be free and live as a human again just to deceive them in the end and kill them off together with all the other lust demons. And yet something inside of him held him back. His demon blood was in full control of his body but there was still something, one small drop of pureness that made him think about this woman in a different light. He tried to ignore it, he tried to push it away ever since he saw her a few days ago for the first time after he was freed from his seal. These men in white also suppressed his powers but he was at least free to move around. It was Gungtan's idea to wait for the right moment when they were training again to attack their guards and then kill off everybody on this damn island. Without those suppressing rings their demon power was able to fully take control of them. And yet, after everything he did and had to go through, his darkness was still somehow accompanied by a small light. A light he wished he could get rid of. 

''You should be, Wonjeong. I am not going to hold back.''
He sprinted towards her and saw her crack a smile. 

''Me neither.''

He reached out for her, his nails long and sharp almost animal like. He had no idea what she did but he was pushed to the side by some golden sphere. She changed her hand position and the sphere came towards him pushing him back a few meters. The pressure was immense and he had to admit that it was hard trying to fight it. He jumped up, the sphere passing under him and faded in to the night air. He landed again not wasting a second and jumped towards her once more. She turned around fast, for a human, and this time he was met with some blue and grey light. He was surprised to find himself dripping when he stood up again. Was that water? 

''What's wrong, Van? Should we take a break?''

What was this? When did she start being so cocky? Wasn't she always the calmness herself, never using words of rudeness or impurity? The tone of her voice was also different, if he didn't know better he'd think that she was mocking him.

You're running away out of fear of that monster.

His hand flew up to his head when he heard that voice again. What was this? This voice sounded familiar to Wonjeong's but it was yet different. More daring in a way. He heard that voice a moment before. Something about a promise that woman would remember. Who was that woman? 

I bet you heard it many times, I think you're scared right now, too.
He couldn't do other but groan in pain when another sentence flashed through his brain. What the hell was going on? Was Wonjeong doing this to him? 

''Van?''

Her voice sounded different again. This time it was way softer than before.
''Van, are you alright?''

When did she get this close again? He was too confused right now to understand any of this? Wonjeong wasn't Wonjeong, and although he wanted to rip her apart he didn't want to hurt her at the same time. But who was this woman then? She seemed to know him. But what was their connection? And why did this voice in his head sound like her as well? 

''Van?''

He backed away fast when he saw her hand reach out for him. This couldn't be. He was running away, from Wonjeong or whoever that was. His demon powers were fully back and he was running away.

''VAN!''

He startled a bit at the high pitched scream and was even more speechless when he felt something on his back. It felt like a heel but he didn't turn around to check what it was. How could someone change from one second to another like that? This woman was a mystery to him and he hated her even more for that. The next time he had to make sure to kill her right on the spot. And where was Gungtan anyway?