Chapter 8

''Me?''

What could they want with her? What would they need her for? Especially now that she knew that Wonjeong's spiritual powers were leaving her.

''Why?''

''Wonjeong died before they could resurrect Beak. But she was reincarnated.''

Jeongryeong looked at her but Mi-Ho had the feeling that he was just looking through her. It seemed something caught his attention.

''But I see that she is no longer with you.''

Mi-Ho followed his eyes and saw that he was looking directly at her scar. When she looked down herself she found it was fading. How come? She knew that she had that scar since her birth, her father never really explained to her why it was there. After she found out that she was the reincarnation of Wonjeong she understood why it had been there but why would it fade now? Just because Wonjeong's spirit was gone? 

''They need the pure blood of the priestess and the tainted blood of a monster.''

The monster will kill the chosen one. When the red blood of the saint and dark blood of the monster create a new being, this land will fall into chaos again and bring salvation to the new generation.

Yeom-Ji's words were running through her head and kind of add up to what Jeongryeong told her. So was she the chosen one? In what way? What made her so special, especially now that Wonjeong as gone... Was this really the other presence inside her? Were her healing powers part of this? Should she ask him about it? But he probably already knew when he also knew that Wonjeong wasn't with Mi-Ho anymore.

''Can I ask you something?''

The high monk only nodded.

''It seems there is something else inside of me... Do you happen to know what exactly that is?''
''Maybe it is exactly what Wonjeong was missing.''

What kind of answer was that? Mi-Ho was so sick of all this puzzle talking. Couldn't they just give her at least one clear answer that she could work with?

''But I am loosing Wonjeong's powers right now so why would they still need me?''

Mi-Ho was so confused about all this, maybe calling a spirit right after she just talked with one wasn't the best idea they had. And he didn't really give her answers anyway. All she knew now was that she was needed for some kind of ritual to awaken this Baek but how and why... She had no idea. And for some reason she didn't believe that Jeongryeong really had an answer to that as well. Annoyed, she stood up to face him. 

''I am not up for some fairy tale stories. Tell me what you know or go back to your strange spirit place. If you won't help me I don't need you here.''

She already made a move towards the small door.

''Wait.''

She stopped in her tracks and sighed shortly trying to calm herself down somehow.

''I can only tell you one thing about those powers of yours.''

Now she got more curious and turned around again to look at him. He was already dissipating.
''Healing is not always limited to wounds.''

Mi-Ho threw her head back with an annoyed groan.

''And what is that supposed to mean now?!''

''Wonjeong was there to fix broken things and people. You did not completely lose her powers, you just converted them into your own.''

The young heiress straightened her body again and scrutinized Jeongryeong a bit. So he did know more than he wanted to tell her. Or maybe he wasn't allowed to tell her? Did she know what kind of rules spirit had to follow?