1

(If you haven't watched on my block, you probs wont understand I'm sorry)
———

Oscar

————

Cesar just headed out. He was going to spend the night over at the Martinezs'. Halloween was never important to me. It was just like any other day. And this year, it was nothing different. I grabbed a thing of beer and headed out where everyone else was. They were all chilling outside by the front porch. I greeted sad eyes with a fist bump. Haven't seen him in a while.

"hey, it's Halloween, men. We should go out have fun." Sabastian was usually one to suggest such thing. But he's dead now. and so Toby is taking his place.

Sabastian would come every other day. We used to hang out all the time. I loved him just like I loved Cesar. Just like I loved my brother. But he died. Just like everyone else will someday. Now, he didn't die in the most honoring way. He definitely could've had a better passing, one with purpose. But this was life. And none of us could complain.

I brought my bottle up to my lips but before I could sip another one, Toby spoke again. "c'mon. it's been a long time since we last hit the bar" I smiled. It was true. "what say you spooky?" I can feel his steps towards me. he laid a hand on my shoulder.

I mean, going out might actually help with the close loss. Everyone's been uptight and bothered, understandably so. And hitting the bar may not be the worst idea. I look up, Toby gave me a pleading smile. I look around, everyone else waiting for me to say something. Perhaps it was needed. And why would I hold them back anyway. I go back to sipping from my bottle, Toby sighs. I swear to god this kid is so dramatic.

"yeah let's do it." I say quietly, causing for a bunch of happy cheers. And it made me so happy, they truly are my family.

--

"never been here before?" toby asks, referring to the way I scanned the place. "unfamiliar with it." I did sound more worried than I intended. I just didn't want any more trouble. Not for now atleast.

"don't worry, my buddy owns the place." He said proudly and everyone else cheered. I eyed him, smiling. Then we went in.

It was fancier than we'd usually like, that's why my mind wasn't completely at ease. The ceilings were white, everything was white. And from what I'd learned, buildings with white interior usually belonged to rich people. And the last folks rich people want meddling in their business are gang members. So I wasn't at ease. I can smell trouble.

"aye, Hermano" I force a smile when Toby greets his -unironically- rich looking friend, whom I assume is the owner. "Javi, this is spooky, our leader." I shake his hand, "this is sad eyes..." he continues to greet everyone else and another smile is drawn on my face, but that smile drops quickly when I notice just how terrified the people around us looked. They either looked terrified or looked like they disliked what they were seeing. And it didn't please me the most. I think it was obvious, because Javi was quick to notice.

"you guys should follow me, all the fun is down. nothing interesting happens up here anyway." He directed his words to me, and I nodded and followed him in return.

We went to the very back of the bar, all eyes still following us. Javi opened the bulkhead style door, revealing white stairs leading to what was a dimly-lighted department.

I looked up, counting everyone that came with. I knew we had to leave just like we came, if not all of us then short by two or three is fine as well. It was Toby, Sad eyes, Bruno, Skyler, cherry, Liam, Marshall and mina. These were all who wanted to come. We came in nine.

"please" javi pointed a hand for me to go in first, which I did after a slight smile. I walked down followed closely by sad eyes, my hand naturally made it to under my flannel, securing my gun. It was dark, but not entirely. There were neon lights in every corner and on every wall. I walked to the bar in the center "a thing of whiskey." The bartender nodded and rushed to grab a bottle. It didn't look as busy down here, honestly, there were very few people hanging out here. But now I see it. Now I get why we're so welcomed. Because we're not considered normal, and down here is where they kept people like us. Javi is smart for doing business like this.

We spent the next hour laughing and having fun. Toby was right. We did indeed need this night. But all fun was cut short for me when I got a text.

Cesar :

Yo, I need help. Some rich kids are being annoying and won't let us leave . Can you come pick me up?

    Location shared

Shit. "what's up, everything good?" sad eyes noticed the sudden change of expression I accidently showed. I should really work on covering up whatever's on my mind because I'm getting too easy to read. "amma go pick cesar up." I finish the last bit of my drink. "you make sure they all get home safely. I patted him once before heading out as fast as possible. I ran up the stairs, opening that weird looking door, and headed out without paying a mind to all the staring eyes.

When I finally reach my car, I heard a girl hissing something. "I said no and I do not want that. How the fuck don't you get what I'm saying." I don't have time for this right now. I climbed in my car and turned the engine on. But I can still hear the girl, and shes clearly not liking the situation she's put in. Fuck.

I climb out again, my car still on. My hand naturally moves back to where my gun is, and I approach the couple that's just two cars away.

It was dead quiet, and I can hear nothing but my engine and the voice of that guy trying to convince the chick. "but babe, I thought this was what you always wanted. Didn't you want us to get married?" married? Ok what was I thinking. I'm heading back.

"no! and for the hundredth time GET OFF ME." fine, fuck it.

I finally am in their sight, and it forces both of them to freeze. "any problem?" I ask the lady. "who are you?" the guy responds. This fucker. I look them up and down. the guy was wearing a black fancy looking suit, but he was ugly. Like really ugly. The girl was wearing a short blue dress, but she was looking at him, and her back facing me. so, I could not really get a glimpse of her face.

They were standing in front a BMW, ok now we know they're actually rich. But my ass could take his ass down any day. "we're good thanks." She assures me without even looking back at me. sounds like she got everything handled. Fine. I did everything a decent human being would do. And I'm not even decent. My que to leave for real this time. I walk back to my car. Maybe sad eyes is right. Maybe I have gone soft. Oh god.

Before I can hold the door handle and climb in my car, I heard another loud noise. God, I don't care. This does not stop me. and so I get in the car, ignoring it. "you bitch." I can hear him groaning now more clearly. And see him slowly as I'm taking my car out of park. A satisfied grin sits on my face when I see him wiping blood off his lips. Chick did indeed know how to handle him.

But then he climbed in his car like crazy fast, backed out and drove off hastily. Almost hitting me in the process. That asshole. I look back at the girl, cursing at herself while nervously dialing a number in her phone. "do you need a ride?" I do not know why I yelled that. My brother needs me right now.

"really?" I finally see her face. She walked closer to the -rolled down- passenger seat window I was communicating with her through. "that would be amazing, thank you." She hops in.

goddam, she's not that stupid is she? Getting in the car with a stranger. She looked back at me making me realize I've been staring at her instead of driving off. But I still don't make a move.
I just stare.

I get my first -actual- look of her face. She had big black eyes, her long lashes beautifully teasing me as she blinked. Keep your eyes open. her nose was long and gorgeous, her skin looked untouched, her hair a beautiful shade of black. The kind of blue black that confuses you, you think it's blue but it's actually black.
My eyes fell down on her lips. Red. She had to wear red on her lips. I mentally smile.
Goddamn it. Why do I always get lucky in the wrong time.
"are we gonna leave anytime soon?" I snap out of it.
she looks uncomfortable. I need to stop looking at her. "just so you know I have a Glock 19 in my hand bag." Her hands hugged her bag as she pushed herself slightly away from me. I laughed. So she wasn't entirely stupid after all.

"I gotta make a stop somewhere first."