5

--

Aurora

--

I woke up feeling sweaty. For a second, confused by my surroundings. But then I realized, and memories from the night before came flooding my brain.

The serpents went down.
I turned to Cuchillios.
She's Turning me to a Santo.

I throw my head back on the pillow. I just hope I don't regret anything.

I sit up, reach for my phone that's sitting on the coffee table. It's currently 7:54am. why am I up so early? Maybe it's because I slept in an uncomfortable position. I usually sleep in late.

I make my way to the bathroom. I think the two brothers share one bathroom. I noticed two rooms in this house, and a kitchen and their living room. A pretty small house. But it was just like every other house here in this neighbourhood. In Freeridge. God, I'll have to get used to these names.
I walked to the kitchen remembering what spooky told me in the car last night. "There is fruit in the fridge in case you were hungry. And drinks in case you got thirsty."
I took out a red apple and bit into it. walked my way around the kitchen, looking through the windows.
It looked so much busier now. The neighborhood. Cars passing by, people walking. Last night it looked so peaceful. Dim streetlights. The concept of the "night" consumed.
Back in home, when I used to stay in the city. It wasn't like this. New York City is so alive at night. People wander around, cars, restaurants are open. Stores everywhere, and those bright lights every where.
Even when I went for walks. The only thing that was "night like" was the color of this sky. Otherwise, you couldn't tell if it was the day or night.
I like the night time. I liked it last night here in freeridge. It was quiet. Even in the car, the spooky guy didn't talk much. And I was happy with how peaceful the ride was. In a sense, comforting too.

"hey, you're still here." The little brother from the night before. Cesar, I believe. He was wearing a shirt, shorts, and these weirdass long socks -don't even ask-. His hand secured the backpack hanging on his shoulder. And a smile was drawn on his face. Cute.
He opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water.

"yeah you'll be seeing me often." I guessed. He smiled once more then he turned and walked away, "my brother's dropping me off, he said to call you too." Right. The brother.

I followed Cesar outside and we were greeted by the, yet again, so red impala. I'm just getting time to appreciate the beauty of this car. He sat in the back again and allowed me the passenger seat.

I mumbled a good morning as I sat my phone and secured my gun. Spooky said nothing. Rude.

We were dropping the little brother off at school, or so I assumed because both brothers were not that talkative, and no one would tell me what was going on. I didn't really care. Though.

I noticed almost everyone in the neighbourhood was staring at us as we drove around. I'm guessing everyone is involved with gangs and shit around here. Or at least knows about it.

We reached the school. Everyone was making their stop to enter the school as well. I moved so Cesar can climb out the backseat. He said his goodbye and left. He's a cute kid. Like a mini version of his brother. He brother wasn't really cute though. I don't appreciate how cold he's been acting.

"aye, call up the homies. We have something to do back in the house. I want them to be there in an hour." That call was probably to prepare me into becoming a santo. I still can't believe this shit is even happening.

We reached the tattoo place, just like Cuchillios ordered. And I asked for my serpent tattoo to be removed. I don't know why this spooky guy came in the room with me. I guess maybe he wants to see the job done himself. Because it was a command given directly to him? I don't know and I don't care. I just hope this doesn't hurt.

__ _

Oscar

__ _

I walk in the room with her. I sit on the chair. But my eyes were stuck to my phone screen. It was definitely the alcohol last night. Because I remember her to be so much more attractive. She is pretty I'm not gonna lie, but I don't know I thought she was prettier last night. I woke up this morning remembering she was- I don't know maybe the prettiest girl I'd seen in a while. Anyhow, that doesn't mean shit. She was becoming a Santo today. And I have to get close to her. Aurora.

"are you ready?" I hear the guy asking. She doesn't answer. So I naturally look up. She's laying on the chair thingy and looking up at the ceiling. God what is it with this girl? It's like she's deaf sometimes. Or is she regretting saying yes? Damn, her mother died yesterday and she didn't hesitate not even once in everything she did. but now, she's having second thoughts over a tattoo? Or is it more of her hanging onto her gang?

I see the tattoo guy shift in frustration. Not knowing what to do. "ma'am?" she nods hastily and looks to the right with her eyes shut so tight. She's scared? It made me let out a small but audible laugh. Why is she acting like that. "I'm legit gonna shoot you if you laugh at me." She forces the words out, her eyes still shut. "spooky" she adds. So she does remember my name.

--

"we're all done." She gets up in one motion. Covering the redness with the palm of her hand. I knew the tattoo guy wanted to ask about the small cut that ruined the serpent drawing. Last night's cut. But he knew better to keep his mouth shut and remove it either way. Even if he was not supposed to. Now that I'm thinking about it, it must've hurt like a bitch.

__ _