4

__ _

Oscar

__ _

"que pasa, Sobrina?" god, I still can't wrap my mind around it. What are the chances that I run into a girl at a bar, that I feel weirdly attracted to, to the point of offering a ride -which is so unusual of me- and then her turning out to be the complete opposite of what I thought -a turn off honestly- , and turning out to be none other than Cuchillios's Sobrina? What is happening.

I try to catch up with what's happening between the two. The tension is real. This is crazy. Maybe I did have too much to drink tonight.

"I'll take your job. I can't leave cali and I need money." She had no filter. She was just straight up. She apparently feared nothing. Her tone, her posture. The way she got mad and was not hiding it. The way she got mad in the car and was not hiding it. She did not care. This hyna is something else I swear to god.

I don't know why thinking about that drew a smile on my face.

"Delightful." Cuchillios got up, I realized instantly that I was the only one left sitting and so I got up as well.

"spooky" I stepped closer to Cuchillios. her eyes so intrigued by the chick, she did not look away from her even when she was addressing me.

"I-

She wanted to talk, but it looked like she realized something else first. Then she turned to me. the previous look disappearing from her face, and replaced with one of confusion. "what are you doing here anyway?" good question. Exactly what am I doing here?I am not one to snoop around, I promise. But all of this has been extremely weird. And I just had to know what was going on.

"I ran into her in the bar. I offered a drive." She smiled, still confused. Then looked back at Aurora, and m smiled bigger. A smile of realization.
"explains the awful looking flannel." She nodded eyeing Aurora.

"thank you." I sarcastically nodded my head. I did not care that she thought I fucked that chick. Apparently, Aurora didn't either because she did not care to clarify.

"I need you to take her back to your house." I look at the Aurora girl, she looks back at me. her stare is dead. This is the first time I look at her tonight with her not smiling in return. now, this was a look of a girl that was crushed. one whom just heard her mother died. But she still managed to hold strong. Or is it something else that's bothering her? I mean, she looks expressionless, but I cannot detect sadness or fear in her eyes. Just how a tired person would look, a sleepy one. She looked empty headed. And I didn't know how I felt about that.

I nodded, looking back at Cuchillios.

"and let her stay over" just get it over with already, "and I want her jumped first thing in the morning." What?

"you want work? I only pay my Santos." She walked over to the girl, and put a hand on her shoulder. For the first time that night, I saw Aurora surprised. She was baffled. "but I already belonged to a gang." She does? Of course she does. Probably one that' s outside of California is why she keeps on nagging about being stuck here.

"and they've fallen. Your sepents." Cuchillios touched Aurora's neck, the other didn't flinch. She trailed the snake tattoo with her fingers. "you only have me now, Sobrina. And you'll have to work hard because you wont have princess treatment here." Aurora was tense. I could feel her fighting the urge to slap Cuchillios's hand off her.

"do you want to be a santo?" she finally asks. I see Aurora's fists clench up.

"I'm left-handed." Using that sarcasm again. she's saying she doesn't have a choice and that Cuchillios's question carried as much importance as this useless piece of info. She sure runs her smart mouth a lot for someone that helpless.

"Jose" Cuchillios called, distancing herself from Aurora. Jose practically ran under her command. She purposely loudened her voice for us to hear. "send someone to prepare the old house in Freeridge and to clean it. I want it ready by morning."

"spooky" Cuchillios dropped Jose and pointed her commanding voice at me next. "I want you to take my dear niece out tomorrow morning" she gritted her teeth, and her hand went back to her pocket. And she walked towards the girl yet again.

"and have her remove this ugliness from off her neck!" She was swift with her movement, she pulled out a small knife and cut Aurora where the serpent tattoo sat. I naturally moved, shit, even her guards flinched. But that chick was standing there like it was nothing. Not a slight budge. It couldn't have been that deep of a cut, it burly even scratched her. but the act was scarier than the scene.

Then Cuchillios simply turned on her heels and went off.

I said nothing and I left too, to my car, sensing the chick follow me the whole walk out.

_

The ride back was quiet. I took her to my place just like Cuchillios ordered.

It was now 2:30am and I was fixing the couch for Aurora to sleep on. I obviously couldn't offer her anything more. It wasn't like I was gonna offer a fucking stranger my bed.

I figured she didn't need to change her clothes because as soon as I came out with the blanket she thanked me and snatched it before taking off the flannel and sleeping in her bra and shorts. She kept the flannel by her head so I assumed she was gonna wear it in the morning. But her blue dress from earlier was lying on the floor. Her purse was near her feet and her phone on the table. god was this chick messy. She was a piece of work.

I grabbed the dress and purse and took them inside my room, I figured I'd give them back in the morning. But I also had to check on one thing. I opened her bag, there was an ID, earrings, some makeup, and that was it. I looked back at her and this time noticed the hand she kept under her pillow. A smile crept it's way on my face. "so that's where your gun went." My whisper was burly audible, "smart girl."

I made sure Cesar's door was locked. And I went in my room and locked my own, then went to sleep too.