7

__ 

11 year old Aurora

__

Dear Diary

Sep, 11th, 2007

I started middle school last week. It sounded like a scary nightmare. None of the guys was allowed to stay in school with me this year. They said they had work to do, and that I was a big girl now.

But really, it wasn't entirely the worst. Because I made a new friend two days ago. Her name is Rachel. Rachel is cool, she liked to read. I don't like to read. But I still thought she was cool.

When we sat for lunch, she would get distracted by her books. But that wasn't how everyone else ate lunch. Everyone else was talking to their friends and laughing. What was wrong with us?

I thought that maybe I needed to start a conversation. I talked about the new pet bird I had. I had begged Gabriel for a pet bird. He said yes and got me one. I named him Serpiento.

But Rachel didn't look up, not even once. She didn't think Serpiento was cool. So, I told her the  second coolest thing I knew to make her talk more, I told her about the serpents. I wanted to be talk to her during lunch, so I told her I was rich and that my mother ran a gang.

She told her parents.

And today morning, I sat outside the headmistress's office and Rachel's parents were inside.

Rachel was also there with me. She sat on another bench. I even tried to talk to her. But she kept on staring at her shoes. So, I started staring at my shoes too.

Until my mother came. And she went inside too.

They were screaming. They must've been mad. Maybe it was something I did. Or something Rachel did.

After an hour, Rachel's parents came out quickly and grabbed Rachel and went away just like that. My Mother stayed inside for longer.

Then she came out and sat with me. She told me that what I did was stupid and that now she had to move me. I told her no and that I had a friend here. But she didn't care. She was really angry that day, she was calling people through her phone the whole ride back home. Being angry at them too.

And when we reached, I started crying because she told me I won't ever see Rachel again. But I never had friends and I didn't want to leave Rachel.

It just happened an hour ago, my mother was so angry that she hit me.

I cried, I cried even more.

So she hit me again, and when I asked her to stop, I told her mom stop, she said to not call her mom. And that she was Maria for me. She was Maria before she was a mom.

So I promised not to call her mom anymore. I wont call maria mom anymore.

--

Sep, 9th, 2018

Another punch.

And I'm left groaning on the floor. I can say very proudly that I managed to doge every possible hit threatening my ethereal face.

But my stomach was having enough. And they looked like they were done. Finally, I couldn't take it any longer.

I think the worst part of being jumped in a gang is probably the fact that you're being attacked and you don't have the right to fight back. You are not allowed the right to fight back. With every punch and every kick, I wanted to throw my hands too, to throw my legs and hurt those bitches so bad. But it took me a second, every time, to remember that they were doing their job. And that this was the sick, twisted, rule separating me from being protected. Which is ironic considering that they were hurting me right now, but that was beside the point.