8

8

—-

Aurora

—-

God, I hate him.

Who does he think he is. He's just another person that works for my aunt.

I went through what I had to go through. I got beaten the shit out of. And he's now refusing to protect me?

What kind of sick game is this spooky guy playing.

"So you won't get my stuff?" Of course, I ask once more. I need to know for sure if he was denying me the favor. The audacity I swear to god.

I'm looking him straight in the eyes. He definitely acts a certain way to live up to his name. He thinks he's scaring me.

He leaned over from across the small circular table. My eyes fly to how his upper body is closing the distance between us. I didn't even realize he was standing -on his feet- until late.

"Hey!" his voice indeed did its job. Because as soon as he let the single word out, my eyes jumped to answer. To look back into his.

Why am I answering to him?

I'm just now noticing how brown his eyes are. The usually peaceful kind of brown. But his were filled with rage. Whatever hatred or fury he was accommodating within himself, it triggered my anger. How was he mad? I'm the only one that has the right to be angry.

I was almost beaten to death. How is that not enough price for his service.

"I don't work for you." He finally spoke. His voice dark.

He leaned in even closer, his voice dangerously lower. "You're sitting under my roof. Protected by my guys." Oh bullshit. "You don't get to order me around Aurora." He's visibly getting angrier. I can feel his rage build up before he released in a loud burst of sound.

"THE FACT THAT YOU EVEN HAVE THE IRONY IS BEYOND ME." He screams.

His face's never been more punchable.

Spooky was legit trying to intimidate me. I don't know, did I appear that easy of a target?

"You listen, Mr spooky." I slam my hands to the table, then continued to use them to support my weight as I, too, stood up. I leaned in to match him. "If you're trying to live up to your name and give me a little scare.."

Ignoring my aching body, I use all the force I can conjure to scream back at him. "IT'S NOT WORKING!" I lean in even more. I leaned in so close, there was no space for yelling anymore. The tiny space could only tolerate whispers.

"Fine. I'll go grab my stuff. But if some random guy pulls me in a closet. Or some random girl wraps a thing of silk around my neck.."

lean in even more, till there was only very little air. Burly enough to breathe.

"If in any way, my air is sucked from my lungs." I pause to focus my brain on the staring I'm doing, then I continue on with my threatening. "I will make sure you do not see the light of another day." One more pause. "Even if I had to do it from my grave."

"Asshole."

I drop the ice pack and exit the room. Ignoring spooky's gaze. Perhaps we were a bit loud because as soon as I stepped out of the house, everyone outside was quiet and had their eyes set on me. I felt completely vulnerable in that moment, and my hand went right to my ribs. Where it hurts most. I avoid all eyes at all costs, am I afraid?

All the pain perpetual in my bones as soon as I leave spooky's presence. My dispute with that asshole was so intense I forgot I am in grievous ache, but now my mind can focus on this one feeling; other than hatred and complete detestation, I can focus on pain. This singular stinging sending thudding vibrations of agony up to my brain. I feel the throb in my brain more than I feel it anywhere else now, my hands rush to cover my forehead from the sun. it's so hot, too hot. But it's October. No it's November? Is it? Or wasn't it just September